Where to buy Headlight chime module for 87 GN

Call your local dealer and ask them to do a search. That’s what I did. had it shipped to me. There might be some still on the shelf. HTH. Vinny.

I wonder if mine is still in my glove box? That was the first mod I did to my GN back in the 90's.

....ripping that stupid thing out.

I have some used ones if you can't find a new one ...but new or used their life span is not the best and varies ..probably due to humidity levels of its environment ..bc im sure the piece of paper or what ever it is inside for the speaker inside ...was not made for longevity LOL

The major problem with them is the foam spacer in the speaker/transducer deteriorates and collapses causing the metal plate to contact the electromagnet. This keeps the metal plate from vibrating so you get very little or no sound out of it.

I can't remember if it was you mikestertwo but I had asked how to test them ... on the thread NOKA72 started that was lost .. so here are pics of the wires going to one ... appreciate if anyone knows which ones I need for hot and ground .. thx

IMG_2890.JPG
IMG_2892.JPGIMG_2891.JPG

The Orange wire is hot all the time, The pink with the black stripe is switched power, the black wire is ground.

Thanks for the help. I found one thru gbody parts. Is it possible to repair them? I think mine has the issue with the deterioration. It still works but you can barely hear it.

They are repairable, CzyKats44 posted a thread on how to repair them. I had saved the thread, but not knowing that the pictures were hosted on photobomb they didn't save. And can no longer get to them.

Note that it did have to do with the foam deteriorating.

RemoveBeforeFlight