Where do I begin? turn key, no power at all.

Yah's 87

battery is charged, all fuses under dash intact. 1st it did this is iast night at 5pm. I waited about 15 minutes , disconnected battery and reconnected it and it starterd and drove perfectly for 45 minutes. same exact thing just happened 10 minutes ago. Newer ignition module and coil pack ( Delco), thinking it could be some kind of relay. Any help appreciated, Ronjon

You sure your battery cables are good? Check the ground wire to the front of the block under the turbo area and the positive wire at the starter. You have no door interior lights, radio or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need a key in the ignition switch to turn on the interior lights or the hazards. Anything lighting up? Also why did you charge the battery and how, from a jump start or trickle? If you are in a very cold climate, have a dead cell, low "water/acid" level in the battery, your CCA's are on the low side to start. You can scratch the relay off your Troubleshooting checklist if you don't have any power, not a Foxbody. A multimeter, test light and schematic will be your best friend owning this car. I would start at the battery first. Keep us posted on your findings.

im in the transition process or relocating the battery to the trunk. I might have found it, seems like it was a bad main negative battery cable. I drove it for 2 hours today, and Monday will drive in to work and report results. I cleaned up the leads on the neutral safety switch and seemed to improve slightly . Double checked that purple wire from the ignition switch and everything is intact and nothing is hacked. Thanks everyone for the input. I have a multimeter and test light and if anything goes sideways that my next plan.

this is a digital dash car, when it cut out the other day, the dash actually functioned for th first time in 6 months. I use a scangage S for a speedo

this is a digital dash car, when it cut out the other day, the dash actually functioned for th first time in 6 months. I use a scangage S for a speedo

I've got a digital dash if you need it. If changing it out, I'd suggest first sending it to John Spina for a restoration. Then, take yours out.

im in the transition process or relocating the battery to the trunk.

Your signature:
87 BGN 3" downpipe, dump pipe, 2"lower, front dual caliper brakes, 3" intake, scan gage, high performance floor mats

Just curious as to why you are relocating the battery to the trunk and what is the overall plan you have for the car? There are plenty of fast Turbo Regals that have the battery in the stock location under the hood.

i drive and dont even use my digital dash, im going analog when I get to that anyway, and of course am going to install a dash harness at the same time

I cleaned up the leads on the neutral safety switch and seemed to improve slightly.

These cars don't have a P/N safety switch. P/N safety is done via an interlock mechanism in the column that prevents the ignition key from being turned to the crank position.

The switch you cleaned up is for the back up lights and a P/N input to the ECM. The ECM uses the P/N input mostly for idle speed control.

RemoveBeforeFlight

it did seem to run slightly better after i cleaned up the contacts. does it result in better operation as a daily driver if i disconnect it?

the battery relocation is for a larger top post battery, and reallly prefer to distance the battery from the turbo for a few reasons, batteries emit fumes when in operation, If I get into a wreck I dont want battery acid all over the engine . It also creates a little more wear on the right front coil spring over time.

it did seem to run slightly better after i cleaned up the contacts. does it result in better operation as a daily driver if i disconnect it?

Disconnect the switch at the base of the column? You can do that but will lose the backup lights and the ECM controlled idle speed will be incorrect.

RemoveBeforeFlight

For a Daily Driver stock location and stock fully working original Buick parts usually work out much better than aftermarket or modified equipment.

I've used dual post Optima batteries in all my daily drivers with no issues including one car with 5 accidents. :(

i drive and dont even use my digital dash, im going analog when I get to that anyway, and of course am going to install a dash harness at the same time
let me know if you want to sell digital dash. I need parts for mine