Where did..

Theres tons of TR pages on FB and many have parts, engines, etc for sale which is nice. I was against it at first but I found out its a is a good way to keep up with whats going on in the TR community, alot of action on there TR wise. Lots of tech, parts, pics, builds, videos, etc

Facebook marketplace is way better than craigslist. At least, don't go buying parts from guys selling 'for his friend' cuz that is the classic stolen stuff from CL.

I’ve been wondering the same thing as I’ve been away for 5-6 years and just started coming back around the last few months.....I’m really surprised how the traffic has slowed. I can remember when the parts for sale section would accumulate 2 plus pages per day and would have to give it the ole ttt after 3 days just to get post back up.

I’ve been wondering the same thing as I’ve been away for 5-6 years and just started coming back around the last few months.....I’m really surprised how the traffic has slowed. I can remember when the parts for sale section would accumulate 2 plus pages per day and would have to give it the ole ttt after 3 days just to get post back up.
i think alot of it is people think that these turbo regals are going to worth alot of money so they are hanging on to the parts.:confused:

I think that another problem for folks is that the login to this site only lasts about 12 hours. I am reading threads here and had to again log in just to post this reply. It gets to be a hassle to log in every day. Note on the main forum page the number of folks that are actually logged in versus the number of guests.

Wasn't always that way...

RemoveBeforeFlight

I think that another problem for folks is that the login to this site only lasts about 12 hours. I am reading threads here and had to again log in just to post this reply. It gets to be a hassle to log in every day. Note on the main forum page the number of folks that are actually logged in versus the number of guests.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Something wrong on your end.

Haven't had to log-in for weeks, months, can't recall.

RemoveBeforeFlight
When you log in its a box to check that ask if you wanna stay logged on , check that box and problem is solved .

i think alot of it is people think that these turbo regals are going to worth alot of money so they are hanging on to the parts.:confused:

Aka old Mopar and old Chevy parts hoarder mentality.

(pulls up a chair to this round table)

To me, I would much rather actively participate on the premier Turbo Buick website which is tb.com. Even though I have partaken in discussions on the book of faces Turbo Buick groups. What I have noticed the most on those groups are the younger generation and first time owners reaching out asking the same old questions that have been asked here 11ty billion times. 9 times out of 10, they are the types that want instant answers, or instant data dumps from the gurus, vs taking the time to actively research on say this board using the search feature. It all goes back to parenting and how kids are taught today. A lot of us old timers were brought up without electronic devices, instead researching our information in libraries, mailing lists, books and magazines. And then following that up with going to events that have tech sessions and actually talking and meeting people face to face for real knowledge. With the information age and the internet, the "ain't got time for dat" no attention span mentality of the younger generation is the norm. And they are in for very hard learned lessons. Especially those that don't have the patience to really research, read up and learn about these cars.

It's true, the past always repeats itself. But this is also why we have History. There are in fact a lot of us old timers who are members of those groups, I think mainly for the fact that we can actively police the false information, that spreads so fast about these cars. I have seen it play out time and time again. Ex: A know it all newbie makes a claim about a product or a way of doing something with these cars, only to have a come to Jesus knock on the door when one of the knowledgeable OG's correct them with facts. Which is a good thing IMO. Now, if they don't want to take that for what it's worth and listen to someone who's literally BTDT x100, then they will just have to learn the hard way. Some people are just stubborn and or hard headed idiots. But I digress...

The only real benefits that fb has to me, are keeping in touch with long lost friends and local racing buddies. And the occasional priceless comedy that people post with videos and memes on certain groups. In the real world, it is a very useful tool when interviewing a potential new hire. You immediately get a feel for the candidate's personality traits and habits just by what they post on the page. Which is very useful info to have in the business world. Unfortunately, social media is the way of the world and "their" easiest way of tracking, cataloging and keeping tabs on the public. There's a reason the Utah data center exists. Social media is a necessary evil.

I say, Long live this Message board and print media!
Thanks for reading.

-Patrick-

Yup, instant answers to problems that we have taken the time to diagnose. I don't mind helping but sometimes it's real frustrating when a dufus won't take the initiative after they have been helped or pointed in the right direction. Worst are the ones that start repeating what experienced membrrd say as if they suddenly know everything after a month.

I had been researching this site for over a year before I got my car and didn't join until I had something to talk about and show
even though was around them back in high school but I was a stupid kid
I wish I could meet some of these gurus on here that have helped me out with their knowledge
especially Charlief1 he was probably on most of the posts I researched when I was a guest
this site is my facebook
thanks to all you gurus and old-timers who have paved the way for the newbies and younger guys (me 43 ) to carry on the turbo legacy

I had been researching this site for over a year before I got my car and didn't join until I had something to talk about and show
even though was around them back in high school but I was a stupid kid
I wish I could meet some of these gurus on here that have helped me out with their knowledge
especially Charlief1 he was probably on most of the posts I researched when I was a guest
this site is my facebook
thanks to all you gurus and old-timers who have paved the way for the newbies and younger guys (me 43 ) to carry on the turbo legacy

Grass Doctor,

Not sure if you know, but Charlie is no longer of this earth. A terrible loss, indeed.

Went to log in this morning and the Stay Logged In box was already checked. So closed the page and deleted all of the TurboBuick cookies. Then logged in, we'll see what happens.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Went to log in this morning and the Stay Logged In box was already checked. So closed the page and deleted all of the TurboBuick cookies. Then logged in, we'll see what happens.

RemoveBeforeFlight
I like cookies did you save me any?

What is "The facebook" ? A book of faces? lol I prefer Bowling Green Nats,food is better too ;)

One thing is for sure with the internet, for the first time in the history of man stupidity can travel at the speed of light...