Where did everyone go..

I am still here! Not on much as of late, but me as more and more are starting to do have quit the old FB for obvious reasons and I suspet it to pick back up hopefully. !

I am still here! Not on much as of late, but me as more and more are starting to do have quit the old FB for obvious reasons and I suspet it to pick back up hopefully. !

I hope you are right cause this place is done for as of now. It's super sad. Although my username doesn't show it I have had a few others and started here around 97-98 or so. This forum was always hopping and the place to be.

I hope not! I'm keeping my fingers crossed maybe people are using the search feature before asking questions. Although, even though I have, there are still things I'm curious about, so I might just start seeing who's up for some questions and giving their opinions

I hope not! I'm keeping my fingers crossed maybe people are using the search feature before asking questions. Although, even though I have, there are still things I'm curious about, so I might just start seeing who's up for some questions and giving their opinions

I know I mostly use the search feature and rarely post myself: two reasons, there is a wealth of valuable information and posts out there already and two most of my questions are dumb because while I'm somewhat mechanically inclined compared to most people on this board I know nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty much the same way, I'm pretty good at bolting things together, but the computer side of things I'm lost. I have a boost controller coming to me, but I'm not going to install it until I figure out which scan tool I am going to get so I can tell what's going on, if any problems.
I try searching what I need to know, but sometimes it's hard to get the exact wording correct to find the answers, so I have to post my question.

And this is why there are labels like this. Sadly the population of idiots is increasing putting the rest of us in danger, because they're being saved from doing stupid things by technology and not dying off. o_O
You hit that right Bro! It has also destroyed more relationships and marriages than anything in recent History, but there are so many people who have it in them these days to simply bolt at the first argument. That is not what a relationship or Marriage should be. It should be taking you vows seriously and working through the problems.
Unless one thing happens (at least for me) and that is the whole cheating thing. In my case that would be it.

RED LS1 YouTube is exactly what I've moved to as well for the same reasons. But sadly I've noticed an influx of "trolls" on there too. I do my darnedest not to get involved, but at times I do. I know they're just fishing for people to respond. But sometimes I just got to defend the original video.

Yes, at first I would scroll through the comments and laugh at the level of civilian comedy that we've reached. Now, I do not. That got old too. At 37 I feel i'm on a mission to not waste 1 valuable second with nonsense so I just keep moving along through today's society shielding distractions at every moment.

Yes, at first I would scroll through the comments and laugh at the level of civilian comedy that we've reached. Now, I do not. That got old too. At 37 I feel i'm on a mission to not waste 1 valuable second with nonsense so I just keep moving along through today's society shielding distractions at every moment.
Agreed!

IMO... lots of "kids" buying these cars , and they know everything, LOL
and some of these kids want an LS in their Gn,
I , for one, have no interest in how your going to destroy a pristine GN,
also to many ads on here,
and if you post something mods don't like , bingo, your gone (or vacation)

to many other (free speach) venues, to tolerate "hamb" like BS.

IMO... lots of "kids" buying these cars , and they know everything, LOL
and some of these kids want an LS in their Gn,
I , for one, have no interest in how your going to destroy a pristine GN,
also to many ads on here,
and if you post something mods don't like , bingo, your gone (or vacation)

to many other (free speach) venues, to tolerate "hamb" like BS.

I started reading this board at 18. Soaked up a ton of knowledge and helped my buddies work on their cars back in the day. Eighteen years later I have my own car, forgot most of what I learned nearly two decades ago and have to start over! Some of you might still consider me a "kid" [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The satisfaction of the six cylinder is still there for me.

The AC quit in the house a couple days ago. The service guy that comes out turns out to be a car guy and is putting an ls into a 65 Chevy shortbed.

We are up on the roof shooting the shit while he is installing a start capacitor kit (thought all ac units had a start cap, but apparently most only now have a run cap) and he starts asking what’s under the car cover in the garage?

I tell him it’s a Buick

He says a GN?

No, it’s a turbo T ...same drive train different color than a GN.

What motor came in those he asks

3.8 six cylinder with a turbo I tell him

For the next half hour we finish the ac and he is going on about he can’t believe the six cylinder and how can they be fast . He was asking a lot of good questions, definitely a car guy.
He asks to see the car. I happily oblige.

I do this a lot but this time I paused right before I opened the hood and thought to myself ..... this is what it’s all about, this guy will be telling his buddies about the badass 6 cylinder he is about to see.... not just another LS with an intake on it .

Tons more questions once I opened the hood
Happy to answer

Sent a good car guy on his way with a proper TR education

And I got a $250 bill for my AC Repair