where could this puddle be coming from and why?

P

peterkin

i don't understand...for one...i can't figure out if my tranny fluid level is to high or to much.....and when i get on it and park the car when i come back out in the morning there is about a 5" tranny fluid spot on the ground right by my straight pipe/cat location....it's coming from that area from what i can tell.....

would it leak out like that if the tranny was overfilled, would my tranny flare in first gear trying to go into second if the level was to high.....i need some help here guys...

when i drive the car when the tranny is pretty much cold it will shift hard and even chirp second...but once it get's hot it wants to get stuck going into second unless i back off the throttle...then it will bang second pretty good...i know some people answered my previous post about this saying that it may be my bands or a spring somewhere.....i am lost when it comes to trannys....i really, really don't need this thing to go out on me now.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Kinda hard for me to say definitely but two things for sure: The fluid level should be in the area of the stick that has the "hatched/knurled" look. I run mine toward the top of that range. Second, the trans vent tube is on top of the tranny and is positioned toward the side you are speaking about, so it is possible that it is spitting out fluid. Check your level, adjust and report back. Oh yeah, get under the car and clean up that trans case as best you can. It may be weeping down while sitting from the initial purges.

thanks john....i still really can't tell if it is overfull....it really does look like it though...i think i will take it to kmart to have them flush the trans and change the filter this week....