When will those Rustangs ever learn!!!

coolguywalt

So there I was, cruising down the I-25 at, oh lets say about 5:15 in the morning and on the onramp, this Fox Body Mustang GT comes creeping up beside me. Now, me being new to the Turbo Buick World, I knew this guys was about to open a can of worms he was not prepared to deal with. So anyway, he is cruising up next to me, looks over, and revs. I politly shake my head in disappointment. He must have thought that I was saying, "c'mon, lets get it on!" So, he floors it, kinda starts creeping up to pass me on the outside, so I said, "What the hell...." (I just got my 84 GN like 3 weeks ago and this is the first "race" I've had someone try with me). For a second, he looked like he was accelerating, but Mr. Turbo kicked in and away I went: 80...90.......100...I have never seen headlights look so small so quick. The chump followed me on the off ramp,, pulled up next to me again at the stop light and reved at me again. So, Iroll down the window and nicely ask him, "What? Best of 3? You MUST be joking?" So, light turns green, and off he goes, spinning tires and everything, and man, he thought he won, except the fact I saw "The Fuzz" sitting at the intersection and let him go. Lights ablazing, the Little Piggie pulled the fella over and the Nash lives to race another night.....

Nice one

Smooth.......Very Smooth:D
Welcome to the Dark Side......
Stay a while
Steve Chambers;)

Hey Walt, it sounds like you have your Gn running well. I don't know if you remember, but we met at Bandimere the last test and tune night of the year. I got my GN down to 11.98 in street trim later that night.
Welcome to THE BOARD.

Originally posted by coolguywalt
For a second, he looked like he was accelerating, but Mr. Turbo kicked in and away I went: 80...90.......100...I have never seen taillights look so small so quick.

Dayum,

He must of really kicked your ass if his taillights were getting too small for you to see! At least your honest.:D

Good Catch Reggie

Nice thing mustang guys can see something besides our TAILIGHTS:D :D :D
J/K
Steve Chambers:D

Originally posted by coolguywalt
Mr. Turbo kicked in and away I went: 80...90.......100...I have never seen taillights look so small so quick.

I give you m4d tyt3 props, not many people have the balls to race in reverse.... especially at 100mph ;) What trany mods do you have?

Brian

hahaha...like YOU are the most perfect typer on the whole board.... I even went ahead and fixed the type-o for ya, mate.

Originally posted by twin 93 svt
Someone is going to get their feelings hurt, when they run up on a real Pony!

You know, just the other day I did have this Amish kid eyeballin me at a light. I just figured he liked or hated the car. I never would have dreamed that he could have taken me. Guess I better add a few more mods :D

Someone is going to get their feelings hurt, when they run up on a real Pony!

I think what you meant to say was, some Pony is going to get their feelings hurt when they run up on a real GN. ;)

Originally posted by 2 QK 4 U
Hmm, what's a twin 93 SVT Turbo Regal ? Or am I on the wrong board....:rolleyes:
I don't see how the two coinside, But if you must It means besides for a GN way out of your league!, I also own Two 93 Cobras, Which are about equal to a GNX in the mustang world.... Also this wasn't directed to anyone in particular. Personally I lost to a 9.06 Supra that I wasn't to happy about. Theres always a car or make faster, Kind of depends who has bigger pockets.. And on top of that stock mustangs are high 14 to mid 15 sec cars, not something I would brag about beating!!!!!!!!!! I will be at the nats next year running against Jason Cramer and David Bamford If that lets you know how my GN runs, Don't think I will win But should ET the same.....

.06 It means besides for a GN way out of your league!, I also own Two 93 Cobras, Which are about equal to a GNX in the mustang world.... Also this wasn't directed to anyone in particular. Personally I lost to a 9.06 Supra that I wasn't to happy about. Theres always a car or make faster, Kind of depends who has bigger pockets.. And on top of that stock mustangs are high 14 to mid 15 sec cars, not something I would brag about beating!!!!!!!!!!

True, True, True....it's just that Mustangs symbolize Fords' performance vehicles. I think a lot of cars would lose to a 9.06 Supra or whatever. Agreed...pockets have a lot to with it.

93 Cobras are pretty sweet, there is a local one here. Lot's of mods too. Since you might know a lot about Cobras, did Ford make dark green an exterior color option in the early 90's Cobras? Just wondering if this guy here had his painted or not. TIA, Jason

Hey twin 93 svt.....you changed your post. That's cool, I know that not all Mustang owners have the same attitude, in fact the Mustang and GN have a lot in common as to how they are easily modified. Well, I'm leaving work now, so y'all have a good one...

BTW coolguywalt, good kill dude!

The 93 cobra was the first since 79 and the last of the old mustang body style. They only came in red, black,and teal green.. you can buy the plastics and emblems, A sure give away is the rear disc brakes only available on cobra's of that year. And if you get a good peek there is a cobra tag in front of the radiator, Showing the production number. Sort of like Army tags on someones neck but double the size..

.06 I don't see how the two coinside, But if you must It means besides for a GN way out of your league!, I also own Two 93 Cobras, Which are about equal to a GNX in the mustang world.... Also this wasn't directed to anyone in particular. Personally I lost to a 9.06 Supra that I wasn't to happy about. Theres always a car or make faster, Kind of depends who has bigger pockets.. And on top of that stock mustangs are high 14 to mid 15 sec cars, not something I would brag about beating!!!!!!!!!! I will be at the nats next year running against Jason Cramer and David Bamford If that lets you know how my GN runs, Don't think I will win But should ET the same.....

Hey twin was that Supra Marco's?

To all the non believers, I have seen his GN and one of his cobra's on more than one occasion. I'm sure he'd be willing to show you what a quick GN is.
:D

Nobody's knocking his GN, (or his mustang for that matter) the whole point of this board is to discuss the Turbo Buicks. The only thing we're getting at, is this is not a Mustang board. We don't want to hear about a faster Mustang (yes, we know, there's always somebody faster). It would be like one of us going over to the Mustang board and telling them to watch out for a fast GN, they don't wanna hear about it, because they don't care. Not trying to start a war, but if it doesn't have to do with a Turbo Buick, it belongs in the lounge or another board, right?

No that Supra wasn't Marco's, Although a 9 sec car I beleive he's on the top half of that number! But I would be willing to run him when the pony is finished...