when to change alky filter in PAC?

Clark6

Had the system for years now pumps been replaced once.... In park , idle, test button pump goes from Red to Green pretty good.. Driving test button only goes to red..
in boost it works intermittent. Park idle test button, repeat goes to from red to green... So I've had this since 2005 but have never replaced the nozzles or filter.. So when should I change the filter & check valve that's inline with the filter for that matter.. do they ever clog? I tool the line loose in park ignition on car off & pumped fluid into a jug at pretty good speed....swapped Nozzle for the heck of it since I got duals nozzle jets on but only use 1... caught prime again.. but later on the same thing in steps in previous mention... So is my check valve or filter, or nozzle need replacing? Thanks for any input.

Had the system for years now pumps been replaced once.... In park , idle, test button pump goes from Red to Green pretty good.. Driving test button only goes to red..
in boost it works intermittent. Park idle test button, repeat goes to from red to green... So I've had this since 2005 but have never replaced the nozzles or filter.. So when should I change the filter & check valve that's inline with the filter for that matter.. do they ever clog? I tool the line loose in park ignition on car off & pumped fluid into a jug at pretty good speed....swapped Nozzle for the heck of it since I got duals nozzle jets on but only use 1... caught prime again.. but later on the same thing in steps in previous mention... So is my check valve or filter, or nozzle need replacing? Thanks for any input.
Iirc it’s just a bronze filter that can be cleaned... I would also recommend buying one of his test kits so you can actually see the pump pressure - that way you can eliminate any guessing as to whether or not pump is putting out what it’s supposed to do, and also helps to troubleshoot leaks or “disappearing alky” - imo its a must for anyone who has an alky kit.
-aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok...ive been using the red/green light to test psi. Green i got it no green no psi...lol seems simple now i gotta know where to look. Its not leaking alky do the jets ever get clogged or need cleaning?

Ok...ive been using the red/green light to test psi. Green i got it no green no psi...lol seems simple now i gotta know where to look. Its not leaking alky do the jets ever get clogged or need cleaning?
Anything is possible.... The nozzles have a small filter but you would think the main filter would trap any contaminants before the nozzle.... you may be surprised...ive had pumps that appeared ok but when "stress testing" with the the tester... ive found small leaks where pressure was bleeding..... just a thought.

How long exactly has the pump been on the car? Original post just says its been replaced once.

How long exactly has the pump been on the car? Original post just says its been replaced once.
thats kinda what i was getting at... he said he's had Alky for years.... and only one pump replaced.... probably on its way out.

I learned my lesson. Luckily not the hard way. 2 years and replace. It's automatic. I grab a Sharpie and write the date on the pump.

I learned my lesson. Luckily not the hard way. 2 years and replace. It's automatic. I grab a Sharpie and write the date on the pump.
I think I'm on 3 years. Just got another pump from Julio. Will swap mine and send the other one back to have it looked at and refreshed if needed so I have a backup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Since 05 changed the whole pump with my brothers since his engine needed rebuilding in 09 (His was only 7months old or so at the time) my car was running good for 2 years with it then my car was down for like 6 mo. so 2012-13-ish was down for trans problems. got back going that brings us to about 2015-17 still on my brothers pump no problems,,,, I would only drive the car ever now n then. 2018 my bro. got his car back to going I gave him his pump back rebuilt my pump in 2018 running fine til this year... So I say yes original pump was old but not in that much use.

rebuilt the diaphragm & head part of the pump.. But now I'm thinking its check valve related.... I never changed that.. it seems like the fluid will stay in the lines at park & idle...….press test button it turns green but im thinkin the check valve not keeping the fluid in the lines..... Ill take it apart & see.....

i checked that filter yesterday clean as a whistle,,its like an air line filter..

My pump was many years old. There were no external leaks. It was leaking internally thus I was losing psi. It had very few miles on it. I'm under the impression its not mileage and use per se but how long it's been sitting around with alcohol in it. Swapped it out and all is right with the world again.

Very True berserk,,,,,, however I think I found the problem... It was the check valve as I suspected. Prime with green light & fluid must have bled down from ChkValve… I pulled apart,,, examined the spring... It was collapsed. so I just stretched it twice & put back all is well now thx guys. I probably have the oldest Alky pump in the world. It was actually 06 when I bought it, I dated it in marker on the bumper bracket. That Prime button will Save ya. lol.

Attachments

• ckvl.JPEG
    ckvl.JPEG
    77.3 KB · Views: 56