When did I get so old????

Seen Heart and Joan Jett awhile back for like $40 a ticket. Not up front be a decent seat.

Never was a big Stones fan especially for the prices they are asking.

Most ever paid was for Pink Floyd and Elton John. $200+ per seat

It makes me think of the 80's when I seen AC/DC at Reunion in Dallas for $10 a ticket lol

Gary hoey! Yes. Love him. I mostly put him on for Christmas metal. The Grinch and etc.
His Christmas stuff is great. We saw him at the Tupelo for his Christimas special. He brought on his son that's 16. Kid is excellent. If you get a chance, check out some of new stuff. He's slowly been heading to the blues and now sings. He's a great guy. No attitude. You can go right up to him after a show and talk, no sweat.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll have to watch some of those late night infomercials!!!:D

From the 70's...........were they called infomercials back then? :oops:

They did have if I remember right, K-Tel records. They had commercials selling records.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They did have if I remember right, K-Tel records. They had commercials selling records.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I still have several K-Tel vinyl's. One of them, 25 "ROCKIN"& ROLLIN'" GREATEST HITS - 1972, is still to this day one of the best albums I own. :)

I still have several K-Tel vinyl's. One of them, 25 "ROCKIN"& ROLLIN'" GREATEST HITS - 1972, is still to this day one of the best albums I own. :)
I remember going to some flea markets in the early 70s and there were all kind of bootleg 8 tracks for sale. Sound quality was pretty bad. Bought a legit 2 tape set of the greatest hits of the 70s at the Big N, funny, was 1974, and still have them along with the Beach Boys Endless Summer. Vinyl has been making a comeback so lets hope 8 tracks do too so don't throwaway your old custom made suitcase tape carrier.

I remember going to some flea markets in the early 70s and there were all kind of bootleg 8 tracks for sale. Sound quality was pretty bad. Bought a legit 2 tape set of the greatest hits of the 70s at the Big N, funny, was 1974, and still have them along with the Beach Boys Endless Summer. Vinyl has been making a comeback so lets hope 8 tracks do too so don't throwaway your old custom made suitcase tape carrier.

I've always loved vinyl because of the sensory experience.

Have a drink or two......

Dig through your pile/stacks of records, smelling the scent of print on cardboard, finding your treasure and removing the album from the sleeve and paper "protector".

Decide which side you want to hear.

Carefully placing it on the turntable, getting your Discwasher out, using the rubbing alcohol you replaced in the bottle of Discwasher fluid with to help clean the album.

More carefully dropping the needle and ........snap, crackle, pop....... this wonderful music erupts from your speakers.....

Sit back and enjoy......

Not just a click, click, click or pushing buttons on a touch screen here....

Nothing so cool.......

Got Damn, I am soooooo old.

Old.jpg

Attachments

• c-n-c Nov 2017 #2.jpg
    c-n-c Nov 2017 #2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I've always loved vinyl because of the sensory experience.

Have a drink or two......

Dig through your pile/stacks of records, smelling the scent of print on cardboard, finding your treasure and removing the album from the sleeve and paper "protector".

Decide which side you want to hear.

Carefully placing it on the turntable, getting your Discwasher out, using the rubbing alcohol you replaced in the bottle of Discwasher fluid with to help clean the album.

More carefully dropping the needle and ........snap, crackle, pop....... this wonderful music erupts from your speakers.....

Sit back and enjoy......

Not just a click, click, click or pushing buttons on a touch screen here....

Nothing so cool.......

Got Damn, I am soooooo old.
Exactly. Still have my old Technics SL-D20 that still operates like new. Lots of those record holders had history of whoever and many the lyrics to the songs. Lol, the Discwasher, don't forget the mirror to check the stylus that came with it. Yeah, the static from the arm being set down is a music to the ears in itself.
Have to get a new pad for it since the old one is getting a bit warped. Actually found a local place for them.
So do you still have that little wood holder for all the discwasher pieces? Old? But young in mind, lol.
Ipod? What's that. Is that like a walkman? :unsure::)

The good news is our olde vinyl albums are worth some decent money now. :cool:

I guess the people our age that threw out all that crap when they bought their first mansion want to buy them back again. :rolleyes:

Still have my old Thorens table and an even older 1969 Sony direct drive servo table with an upgraded arm.

Got rid of the vacuum tube equipment though. :p

Discwasher, yes. It had a little brush to clean it and a red bottle of Discwasher fluid and they say in the wooden holder as you noted. I have alot of records in a giant cooler under my stairs. Probably 200 albums. And I kept my JVC turntable but it needs a new P-mount stylus.

jvc_l-e22_fully_automatic_turntable.jpg

All of this is very cathartic, I must say........... Thanks fella's.