Wheel studs

JST A 6

Shoulda kept the V8 in it
Does anybody know what the measurements are on the stock wheel studs for front and rear? I'm wanting to order all new ARP studs and lug nuts for my Weld Draglites from Summit but I'm having trouble finding out which ones I need, and the Summit website isn't much help. My car is still in winter storage away from my house so it will be a while before I can check them for myself. Also, the studs are the pressed-in type as opposed to threaded-in, correct? Thanks...

I plan to change studs as well. Which are stronger, press in or threaded?
let me know how much it cost you i plan on doing the same. ;)

Wheel Studs - summitracing.com

you can search by make and model on Summit, and this is what i found within about 10 seconds of seeing this thread.
looks like a 12mm X 1.5 stud with a .509 knurl.

That link took me to 13 pages worth of search results. I had already gotten that far on my own, but I don't see where it says that size will work for a Buick Regal or any G-body. It lists F-bodies and Corvettes under that size. Plus, in the description it said those were extra long for thick-hubbed racing wheels which is fine for my Welds but I'm looking for the stock length so I can put my stock wheels/lug nuts on the car too. I had originally searched under 1987 Buick Regal and couldn't get the site to list wheel studs, then when I did a search by department I couldn't narrow it down by make & model. I just established on the Advance Auto Parts website that our cars take the same studs for front and rear, but no sizes yet...Thanks anyway...

I plan to change studs as well. Which are stronger, press in or threaded?
let me know how much it cost you i plan on doing the same. ;)

From my findings so far it looks like the threaded ones are for aftermarket axles only, such as the ones made by Moser or Strange Engineering. I've checked out wheel stud listings on pretty much every auto parts store's website I can think of and either nobody tells what size they are, or their search function won't let you narrow it down by make & model.

Bring an old stud with you to the parts store. Or since you have one out measure the length. Last time I had the wheel studs out, I think they were 1.5" long. My local Kragen had a couple of trays of different wheel studs under the counter. Napa has them also, they just look up the lengths in their catalogs. Their computers won't tell them anything.

To take a stud out take a BFH and knock em out.:smile: Comes out real easy.

M12 x 1.5

Dorman 98498.1 is a single stock replacement, 98498 is bulk number.

Dorman 98501 is the longer number.

About 1.8" and 2.3" OVERALL length in measurement including knurl.

Doubt they are measured that way on Dormans site however.

Just installed a replacement stocker last weekend.

Within a mm of the stock originals.

That link took me to 13 pages worth of search results. I had already gotten that far on my own, but I don't see where it says that size will work for a Buick Regal or any G-body. It lists F-bodies and Corvettes under that size. Plus, in the description it said those were extra long for thick-hubbed racing wheels which is fine for my Welds but I'm looking for the stock length so I can put my stock wheels/lug nuts on the car too. I had originally searched under 1987 Buick Regal and couldn't get the site to list wheel studs, then when I did a search by department I couldn't narrow it down by make & model. I just established on the Advance Auto Parts website that our cars take the same studs for front and rear, but no sizes yet...Thanks anyway...

you're welcome- i think???
i don't think ARP makes a stock length stud- you can get the long ones and cut them shorter.
as for the knurl diameter, the first listings are usually going to be the direct replacement parts.
if you don't trust that, then how about this:
https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-...=&start=&vfrom=&prev=&vnext=&category_list=:0

pretty much every car made by GM since the early 80's uses the same stud.

if you want a longer stud, then go by this part which is listed as the "overlength replacement":
https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-...=&start=&vfrom=&prev=&vnext=&category_list=:0

Thanks for the replies guys. Novaderrik, if there's any doubt in your mind about my sincerity when I thanked you in my previous post, I really did mean it. I truly appreciate any help I can get; I just wasn't any more certain I had found what I needed. I found a website that lists the measurements for a stock replacement so once I convert their metric measurements to thousandths of an inch (the way Summit has theirs listed) I should be OK. I may possibly look at other brands too. Rodney87GN, as stated earlier my car is still in winter storage so I won't be able to pull any studs out until I get the car home in another few weeks. Right now I'm just trying to get parts gathered so I can tear into it and get it ready quickly for the summer.:cool: I hate the prospect of leaving my Buick jacked up out in the driveway to go on a parts run so I just try as much as possible to get everything together before I start on it. I don't live in a bad neighborhood but it isn't perfect either. Thanks again...

Rodney87GN, as stated earlier my car is still in winter storage so I won't be able to pull any studs out until I get the car home in another few weeks.

Oops, sorry I missed that part in your first post!:eek: :redface: