whats your favorite food to fix at home?

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
Of course hamburgers, pizza, steaks, barbeque, etc. Of which, I love them all, washed down with several beers:D . Post what you like to fix, and recipies if you want:)

Grill up some chicken breasts with butter, garlic, and pepper- Cut into 2" squares. Make some Elbow Macaroni, strain, mix it up with some miricle whip, add chicken, add bacon bits. Optionally add diced celery.

Mmmmmmm........

Something I cooked the other night

Now I'm a single guy, always busy with the job, so I like it to be as painless as possible. This was pretty easy, and very good. A cornish hen, with rice (whatever kind you like), and steamed vegetables. Just get a rock cornish hen (thawed of course), baste with butter, and season with seasoning salt and pepper. Cook uncovered at 350 for about an hour, periodically brushing with butter. It was something different, very tasty, and easy. Would probably be good with stove top stuffing or something as well, and of course topped off with bud lights:D

We use to have a guy that posted Receipes. I miss that thread:(

It use to be a sticky too:(

so Travis..........................

Whats your favorite?

PS-Ready to turn wrenches on the Big Green John Deeres yet?:p

Re: so Travis..........................

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
Whats your favorite?

PS-Ready to turn wrenches on the Big Green John Deeres yet?:p

Fried Peanut butter sandwiches:D :D
Pecan breaded catfish. ;)

Lasagna
Chicken Francaise
Lamb Chops with Jelly sauce
Fresh Turkey Sub roasted peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, Mozzarella, balsamic vinegar and Mayo
Chicken Marsala

THE GRILL

In the spring and summer i love to cook on the Grill. I am not talking propane here, I am talking match-light charcoal and some good ole Chicken breast or steaks and some corn rolled in Aluminum foil smothered in Butter.

BG is not going to happen this year for me. I would love to go, however Danielle smacked me, spent allot of money this year on the S2 project and spent more money on my stock block. I do hope some people get some killer videos.
:(:(

DiGiorigio frozen pizza! I leave the cooking up to the wife as I do just about everything else around here.

Hey Mark................

I work 60 hrs a week, and do everything around the house PLUS the cooking. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh what she does for me:D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

Re: Re: so Travis..........................

Originally posted by njturbo
Fried Peanut butter sandwiches:D :D
[

:eek: :eek: :eek: Your kidding right? LOL, my stomach just did a couple flips at the very thought. :)

There is an Omaha Steaks store by me here. I go over and buy a box of steaks from them once in a while. If you've never tried them, they are awesome! Way better than the crap you buy in the regular grocery store.

Here is their web site

omaha steaks

Re: Re: Re: so Travis..........................

Originally posted by TRBON8R
:eek: :eek: :eek: Your kidding right? LOL, my stomach just did a couple flips at the very thought. :)

Believe it or not, I tried them in Memphis they where really good. The trick is major butter in pan on low heat. Slice bananas up and place peanut butter on Texas Toast and cook low heat. It is good and i am sure like 500 Fat Grams.

Re: Re: Re: Re: so Travis..........................

Originally posted by njturbo

Believe it or not, I tried them in Memphis they where really good. The trick is major butter in pan on low heat. Slice bananas up and place on Texas Toast and cook low heat. It is good and i am sure like 500 Fat Grams.
wasn't fried peanut butter and banana Elvis' favorite???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so Travis..........................

Originally posted by 88 CuttyClassic
wasn't fried peanut butter and banana Elvis' favorite???

Believe it or not, I tried them in Memphis they where really good. The trick is major butter in pan on low heat. Slice bananas up and place peanut butter on Texas Toast and cook low heat. It is good and i am sure like 500 Fat Grams.

:D :D :D Brain Freeze:eek: :eek:

Mustangs, Rats, and Mice with a side of rice.
Elephants hard to chew.

Fried Flour tortialias folded over with cheese inside, and some salsa on the side.

Ground beef, rice, corn, string beans, heavy coating of ketsup on top, all pre cooked, and then layed into a deep dish and nuked for a couple minutes.

Chili by the gallon, you have to experiment, but worth the effort to get right. Taco bell has a brand of refried beans, not too bad, then be sure to use kidney beans. And forget the soupy chili mixes, needs to be thick, and spicy.

Cajun Spiced and grilled steaks. Takes a real large flame to do them right, see ya gotta carmalize the meat, with butter and the spices to seal it all in. NO BBQ grille use a Fish Fryer and large steel plate. Get everything REAL HOT. IF it takes over 3 mins to do a 1" Ribeye Medium Well you ain't close in having enough heat.

Slowly precook Brauts and then grille em. 1/2 of water in the precooking pan to get the heat evenly thru them.

Klondike and choclate cake for desert.

I used to post recipes fairly frequently. Things got hectic with me opening my own place. If you guys want i can start again.

Whit

Sormthing that is always filling

Since I work two jobs and am a fulltime student I don't have much time to cook either but we can't stand eating fast or canned food every day. Some times it just has to be something with fresh vegetables as well but does not take long to fix.
I fry a pound of ground beef in a large pan with slices of green and red peppers, onions and just a few chillies. Spice the whole mix with pepper, salt and garlic and add some canned chillie beans to it. Depends on what I have in the house, I either cook a package of mexican rice with it or I add tomato paste and white rice to the mix and spice it accordingly. Instead of ground beef small cut steak is not bad either.

Thanks for some great ideas!

Originally posted by GoGo84
I used to post recipes fairly frequently. Things got hectic with me opening my own place. If you guys want i can start again.

Whit

That would be fantastic!

Re: Re: Re: so Travis..........................

There is an Omaha Steaks store by me here. I go over and buy a box of steaks from them once in a while. If you've never tried them, they are awesome! Way better than the crap you buy in the regular grocery store.

Here is their web site

omaha steaks

These are the best steaks, I have to agree. Whenever I go out camping, I always pick some up on my way. Bring along the spice/seasoning rack. With some, you don't even need a marinade. But these taste fantastic over an open fire. No cooking on propane for me. They're perfect after a day out getting firewood and eliminating your beer supply.

Got a question.. somebody mentioned brats. I was watching the NASCAR race last night (I'm a week behind, have to wait for the video tape to get here). Anyways, I saw one of the commercials for Johnsonville Brats and it was basically a recipe that called for 3 beers, onions, something else and brats, that are simmered for some time then grilled. Anybody know of that recipe?? Would love to try it.

Keep the tasty ideas comin'! I love eating well when I go camping, and I'd like to take some new ideas with me.

it's not that I can't cook, I can, but I'm usually too lazy ;)
so my staples are things like macaroni and cheese or ramen :D

Originally posted by GoGo84

Whit

Please do;)