What's Wrong With This Picture?

GNXcess

Okay guys & gals, anything jump out here or am I just paranoid?

Attachments

• GNWhatsWrongWithThisPicture.jpg
    GNWhatsWrongWithThisPicture.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 460
At first glance (with very little sleep...) it looks nice and clean. Not sure why a GNX book is in the seat, sure doesn't match the gauges... but really don't see anything else???? Give us a hint at what you are thinking??

The left turn signal indicator is burnt out.

Okay guys & gals, anything jump out here or am I just paranoid?

The Tops for one but there is something else I can't quite put my finger on... Something isn't right... No GNX for sure...

Why would they put floor mat protectors rear and front, unless 4 people went riding in it for a test drive. LOL :eek:

So we are looking at a post- 4 person test driven GN with a GNX numbered plaque.

That appears to be the only off thing in the picture. Correct me if I am wrong, but you are not saying this is a GNX right?

Big Oil puddle?? Too many dead bodies in the trunk? Used condom in ash tray? 89 octane in tank? Gray pull straps instead of black in an 86?

Well, it must be my paranoia then but I'll share anyway. First, these pictures are of a regular GN someone has up for sale right now.

Anyway, the very bright rust-colored seat tracks (both sides) are what concerned me. Every one I've seen in person with almost orange mounts or rusty underseat hardware has either had major leakage or (in one or two cases) had been literally under water. Does seem worse on the driver's side.

Sure, you can expect a little surface rust from some humidity or 20+ years of normal wear and use (and a spilled Coke or coffee or two).

But this is just beyond normal from what I've seen and would make me want to tread carefully or at least get a much closer look...

Attachments

• GNWhatsWrongWithThisPicture2.jpg
    GNWhatsWrongWithThisPicture2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 349
Mines never been flooded but spent its time in the south and my seat tracks look that way. Think its normal