what's the fastest 93 pump gas car setup ?

Novacaine

I guess u guys hear this question from time to time but i gota ask lol
What's the fastest 93 oct. w/alky and without?

Memory's a little foggy,but I believe he went 10.6x's on straight pump gas too...

I went 11.07 @ 123.53 w/18psi on Amoco 93-octane, no alky. And that was the cars 1st pass ever on the combo. There is plenty more "tuning" there also.

The car is full weight, .010 stock block, stock ecm, etc., street car.

K.

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Vetter went 11.42 in the NHRA Stock, 18 PSI, untouched heads, etc...

:)

I'll bet you a dollar his heads were "touched". NHRA stock eliminator allows a "three angle valve job". Do a deep throat cut and they can flow 15% more than stock. I'm sure Vetter Knew this when he ran 11.42. He would have been stupid not to.

not to mention, he wasn't running 93 octane

"stock" can use any fuel short of nitro-methane:)

lets say i had a budget of 10k total to work with on a completely stock gn interested in basically street racing not dragstrip what combo what u guys choose as in heads, cam , turbo, etc... ?

it would be much more cost effective to get a BB Chevy if you insist on pump gas

Yea when push comes to shove cubic inches is where its at i just have a soft spot for turbo cars i guess lol

I started out on turbo hondas went to dsm's and now the buick just seems to be the gleem in my eye..

Every one near me pretty much (speaking of modified cars) has either hondas or V8's, so i just wanted something a little different. I enjoy working with cars actually its my get away from work and stress. The hondas can be made powerful pretty easily actually but they have one major problem this little word called "traction" hehe and to be honest i really dont like the high speed runs anymore, im more of a 0-60 person nowdays so the honda just doesnt fit the bill. And since the buick is easy to use as a everyday driver it just seems like a good choice to have outside of a V8 car.
Plus im just sick to my stomach of a car deal i did years ago. I purchased a new 1988 IROC-Z and had the opportunity at the time to get a GNX it was only 4k more and stupid me just liked the looks of the camaro, man what i would give to go back and change my thinking lol

Originally posted by Mr. T
I think "geno" went 10.17 on alky... check the alky forum.

He went a 10.16 as well. Less than 10 Passes on the car. As soon as he gets back to the track.. a little better weather, he should bust into the 9's.

Dennis Hogan went like 10.7's

Wish I could.. geeesh.

I went
7.31 @ 95.12mph

with only 16.5 psi of boost and a crappy 1.69 60ft.

needless to say that was 93 octane.... no alky.

I think I can get 6.999 with some tuning and a tranny that doesn't flare , more boost less timing... same gas.

oh and PERFECT air day in the middle of winter with a tail wind :D