What's the differents between scat H beam rods K1 rods and gn1 rods ?

Scat: 5.970" Long & Uses 7/16 ARP 8740 Rod Bolts Unless Upgraded to ARP 2000
K1: 5.960" Long & Uses 7/16 ARP 2000 Rod Bolts
Eagle: 5.967" Long & Uses 3/8 ARP 2000 Rod Bolts

The above assumes stock rod length desired.

Check out Molnar Technologies' rods if you like the K1s. They are near identical in everything except for price (more affordable).

I also like the quality of Molner rods and also he uses ARP bolts, not unbranded ones.

I would recommend the K1's. All the big ends and pin bores were within .0001 of an inch on the set that I got. Also weighed the reciprocating and rotating ends and both were out less than 1 to 1.5 grams. Really nice quality and machine work.

Molnar rods look to me, in photographs I have seen, to have a little more rod to cam clearance if using a stroker crank. I haven't tried them with a stroker yet to check clearance, but plan to soon.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for helping me out I have ben day dreaming about it all lol and now that I have seen all the reply,s. I THINK IM GOING TO GO AND PERCHUSE MOLNOR,S 5.960 FROM WEBER

I would recommend the K1's. All the big ends and pin bores were within .0001 of an inch on the set that I got. Also weighed the reciprocating and rotating ends and both were out less than 1 to 1.5 grams. Really nice quality and machine work.

You'll find that the Molnar rods are equally as precise.

A brief (very brief) connecting rod history for those reading this thread that don't already know...

K1 Technologies was originally founded by Tom Molnar who sold K1 Technologies to Wiseco. Before that Tom worked for Oliver rods for a good number of years (metallurgist and engineer) - giving him a great deal of experience in designing durable connecting rods that were used in many different high performance applications. Both K1 and Molnar rods are known for quality for a reason - the man who designed these rods knows what he is doing. :)

Very nice write up on Tom!

I have known him personally for years, and besides being a very nice person, he has a passion for quality in all he does. :)

Very nice write up on Tom!

I have known him personally for years, and besides being a very nice person, he has a passion for quality in all he does. :)

Nick, thanks for your kind words. And you are absolutely right about Tom having a passion for quality. That passion appears to originate from being very caring of his customers, which is something I know we all would like to see more of in this and every industry.

Nick, thanks for your kind words. And you are absolutely right about Tom having a passion for quality. That passion appears to originate from being very caring of his customers, which is something I know we all would like to see more of in this and every industry.
Weber built my short block with Molnars (that Nick got for me) and they are a robust connecting rod at a fair price