What's it take to lift the front wheel(s)

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
Just like it says :biggrin: what kind of $$ or mods does it take to lift the front wheels or wheel off the ground?

Has to do with suspension setup more than a set amount of money or parts to "make it happen".

I think its just how you set the car up to launch ie: suspension, convertor, etc., hell I go to the track where I see some cars that pull the front wheels aren't even that fast in the quarter mile. But they look good doing it:cool:

Yeah I was thinking it as I was writing it (tow truck) that is... I see lots of pictures of launches with rubber in the air but haven't spent much time at racetracks. Are any of these TR's in the 11's or 12's?

Hi,
i think if the car will do low 11s, there will be a little air under the tires occasionally.Traction is the issue, but it takes serious hp to do it, too.

This is back when I ran 11.30's @ 114mph
Wheels-upbig-1.jpg

Yeah I was thinking it as I was writing it (tow truck) that is... I see lots of pictures of launches with rubber in the air but haven't spent much time at racetracks. Are any of these TR's in the 11's or 12's?

The first thing i thought of when i read that was someone is going to suggest a jack to raise the front end. :biggrin:

I read somewhere before that to lift the front drivers side wheel off the ground when launching was to have; sticky tires, well prepped track , and making 10 lbs boost off the foot brake in a 12 second car. :smile:

90/10 drag shocks will help

:D Just unhook the left front shock and pull the wheels with street tires.[disclaimer don't try this at home]

I would also like to add that if you are lifting the tires you are wasting horsepower.The idea is to get the nose as high as possible and keep the unsprung weight on the ground.Thats where the moroso springs and longer shocks, etc, come into play.
If you have enough HP to carry the tires thats another thing.

Melissa's GN would not lift the tires .. 1.4/1.5 shorts 9.9 @ 138 .... trans brake it would .. depends how the car is set up.. her's is a heavy car with stock front suspension and tires .. don't have any trans brake pics (just tried it at the end of the year ) :cool: Don't know if slicks would have helped either :confused:

Attachments

• Meliissa launch ATCO.jpg
    Meliissa launch ATCO.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 500
Hey Grumpy!

What size of tires are on the back of Melissa's car? Can't tell from the pic, but it looks like the rims are Drag Lite's or something? What backspacing? Man I've spent hours reading about tires sizes and bs - very confusing. :confused:
Thanks