What Would It Take To Beat The 405?

Making that kind of power, I would envision the BEST block TA could come up with. A pair of max effort massaged SII heads or possibly indy heads (with intake to match). At least a pair of turbo's etc. etc.

I would LOVE to see someone in the Buick camp take on the 405 call outs and get in a win. Imagine the fallout. I absolutely agree that it wont be easy, but having been to the GSGN nats a few times, I know that there's got to be a worthy competitor out there in the Buick camp that is capable of getting-r-done! (y)

IMHO, it's a pipe dream.
TurboDave (NucNova) already beat a few of them in his TTA and his car is very low 8's. That was a few years ago. Now there is no catching up. Maybe Varley would be more of a reality...lol

Here Is Dave representing:

While it would be cool, one problem with this idea - EDITING. I know a guy that's been on the show. How it all went down vs what made it on the show were manipulated to a degree. The cars are fast no doubt but the show is somewhat scripted and the outcomes you se on the show are sometimes creatively edited. I doubt they would allow a V6 Buick to win.

i'm sure they've been called out numerous times by other groups. and it's up to the producers in the long run. if you wanted it televised.

still an awesome idea though.

Last edited:
I know a bunch of BBB cars that could smoke them on the street...funny how no NE cars are represented

A 2700lb fox with a 1300-1400hp 270ci v6 would do well. $40-50k outlay to do a purpose build for the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 79 boxtop Fairmont that would be a great body for the build. Its rusty and dirty. With a 4cyl 4speed a/c and p/s it only weighed 2700. Will talk with whomever about getting my chassis guy to do the build. A few years ago he did the chassis work on the blue turbo-t giveaway car we had on here! If anyone's interested hit me up!

These are more or less outlaw cars to x275 cars on big tires. 4.40 to 5.7 in the 1/8 top no chance bottom ya few can could win.

When I was at Don Cruz shop a couple of weeks ago, I saw the Mustang he building. It's a fox body (93 I think) with a tubular chasis. He's putting a stage 2 in it also. This car would be perfect for that! (y)

I know i was there. Just taking his time compared to there time.

Last edited:
Have the History channel throw the same money at you {SGRIM} as they pay the 405 crew and you could build a nice 6 figure car that could beat them.

Hell they have new garages and tow vehicles with enclosed trailers and god knows how many spare motors and other parts on hand now due to the success of the show.

It only takes money and lots of it to compete with them now.