What turbo should I get?

What’s a good cost effective set,
I always used Rollmaster, i think they even updated the set nowadays to a Gold series or something like that.

And nothings really cost effective in 2023, your gonna go for your shirt with this car so be prepared.;)

Good one :)
Mine as well start a bank account just for the car and have some funds direct deposited from your pay check weekly.

Wow the Rollmaster Gold is $192 shipped.
That’s not too bad lol, and good if I where to work a second job I wouldn’t be able to work the first one. I work 80 hours a week

Just remember when you do the timing chain, to also replace the factory cam button with a torrington roller bearing cam button while you're R&Ring things. And, with any double roller timing set, it is not recommended to reuse the factory tensioner. A double roller t/c will chew up the nylon/rubber tensioner and all of that FOD will go straight to your oil pickup tube. Danger Danger!
Definitely reuse the oil slinger on the crank snout. You'll see when you get the front cover taken off.
Look for signs of the factory cam button's nylon cap boring a hole into the front cover too. I like to use petroleum jelly inside the cam snout when reinstalling the new roller cam button. This helps it to stay in place as you install the front cover. And trust me, you do not want that cam button falling off the cam and dropping into your oil without you knowing, after you have the front cover all sealed and bolted up. Things make very bad noises when that happens. BTDT... But they didn't sell a t-shirt back then... LOL :ROFLMAO:

One pro-tip is, before unbolting anything, put the timing mark on the balancer on 25* ATDC. You will know it's after top dead center by either using the remove a plug, spin it over until your finger or a piece of paper is blown out of the spark plug hole method. You can remove the cam position sensor cap and look at the relationship of the gap in the reluctor ring, in relation to the magnet in the top of the cap. As well as looking at the dots on the timing chain after you remove the front cover. But, putting the timing mark on the balancer at 25* ATDC will make your life a lot easier after you remove everything and resintall everything. I also like to take a picture of the cam sensor with the cap removed once the balancer is set to 25* ATDC and mark the cam sensor to front cover with a permanent marker, to help get it aligned properly on re-installation.

You can also use these instructions on setting the cam sensor if you can't get everything to go back perfectly.

Cam Sensor

We're all here to help, once you get that far into it.

Patrick

Just remember when you do the timing chain, to also replace the factory cam button with a torrington roller bearing cam button while you're R&Ring things. And, with any double roller timing set, it is not recommended to reuse the factory tensioner. A double roller t/c will chew up the nylon/rubber tensioner and all of that FOD will go straight to your oil pickup tube. Danger Danger!
Definitely reuse the oil slinger on the crank snout. You'll see when you get the front cover taken off.
Look for signs of the factory cam button's nylon cap boring a hole into the front cover too. I like to use petroleum jelly inside the cam snout when reinstalling the new roller cam button. This helps it to stay in place as you install the front cover. And trust me, you do not want that cam button falling off the cam and dropping into your oil without you knowing, after you have the front cover all sealed and bolted up. Things make very bad noises when that happens. BTDT... But they didn't sell a t-shirt back then... LOL :ROFLMAO:

One pro-tip is, before unbolting anything, put the timing mark on the balancer on 25* ATDC. You will know it's after top dead center by either using the remove a plug, spin it over until your finger or a piece of paper is blown out of the spark plug hole method. You can remove the cam position sensor cap and look at the relationship of the gap in the reluctor ring, in relation to the magnet in the top of the cap. As well as looking at the dots on the timing chain after you remove the front cover. But, putting the timing mark on the balancer at 25* ATDC will make your life a lot easier after you remove everything and resintall everything. I also like to take a picture of the cam sensor with the cap removed once the balancer is set to 25* ATDC and mark the cam sensor to front cover with a permanent marker, to help get it aligned properly on re-installation.

You can also use these instructions on setting the cam sensor if you can't get everything to go back perfectly.

Cam Sensor

We're all here to help, once you get that far into it.

Patrick
Great info and tips, thank you for sharing!