what stall are you running with bolt ons stock block?

"Stock long block and stock turbo, e85, 2800 Stock re-stall"
So assuming max 22 PSI, my opinion is; Stock stall D5, locked @ wot, with a GOOD transmission.

FWIW; I have a local buddy who has a NLU trans, stock long block with valve springs (intake has never been off) TE44, 93/alky, 27-30 PSI for about 10 years. He tried a few converters and all slipped way too much for the operating RPM. He just got a 9.5 PTC spec'd by/from Bison. Should be good to go.

thanks jerryl .going to a 400 the converter is a tci -241000 10 1\2 " they call it variable pitch.i think its 24 -28 or 3000 stall it was behind my 455 olds big block.any one know about this converter?will it work ?

A 2800 12" converter will work differently than a 2800 10" or a 2800 9" I have a 2800 9x11 converter and it works well with my TE61 It does 1.65 60ft leaving at 2800 on foot brake and isn't real loose on big end. Locking in 3rd around 4500 picks up 2 mph but no significant et. I'd love to get a PTC 9.5 non lock or Dave's 9.5"

thanks jerryl .going to a 400 the converter is a tci -241000 10 1\2 " they call it variable pitch.i think its 24 -28 or 3000 stall it was behind my 455 olds big block.any one know about this converter?will it work ?
Try it and find out

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

As stated; Any converter not designed or spec’d for your combo may not work well.

Too tight, and the car will respond like a 2 legged dog.
Too loose and the slip will do nothing but transfer the energy into the fluid and heat up, instead of getting it to the tire.

My advice; PM Bison and have him spec a converter for your GOALS and combo.
A new converter won’t be near as expensive as the aggravation to drop the transmission twice.
Good luck.

yes just wondering with my sig in a 10 " what's stall ?
I can spec and build you the correct torque converter for your car. I don't sell another vendors product. My designs are spec'ed for the turbo Buick application only. Pump design and stator choice are very important when it comes to turbo cars. I am not sure if there is another Turbo Buick anyone whom designs and builds there own. For more info contact me directly

I originally had a Vigilante converter and it worked well, but David built a torque converter for my setup and all I can say is the difference was night and day. David’s converter woke my combo up and it puts a smile on my face every time I punch it. Give him a call...you won’t regret it.

I had Bison spec out a converter for my build and it works well. PTC 10" 2,800 stall