what rwhp to expect from portedf heads stock bottom end 6768?

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
what rwhp have yall made with ported heads stock bottom end with a 6768 billet dbb turbo thanks. 2004r non lock up tc ?

At 19lbs with a 6667 turbonetics bb, girdled but stock rods and forged pistons, I had 419 horse on a mustang dyno

I have seen anything from 200-800 hp. Way to many variables to give an answer. The question is . . . What would you like to see for hp?

And how much money you want to spend!

I broke the stock bottom end with a 5857 at 11s and 113
My HP computed from my vehicle ET is 400.58 rear wheel HP and 445.09 flywheel HP.
My HP computed from my vehicle MPH is 384.78 rear wheel HP and 427.54 flywheel HP.
6768 is way more than stock bottom end can take But some have done it
Just like Pronto ,you see a new engine in his sig did he hurt it with that little turbo or is it safe and sound on a engine stand? wish my stock long block was on the engine stand

I just lifted the heads a little. The gaskets didn't even deform. I had plans for more solid shortblock in the works and went on with that build. I don't think I'd trust the stock bottom end to the hp level of that turbo.

I just lifted the heads a little. The gaskets didn't even deform. I had plans for more solid shortblock in the works and went on with that build. I don't think I'd trust the stock bottom end to the hp level of that turbo.

If the gaskets don't deform how do you know you lifted the heads?

Across the top of the cylinders 3 & 4 the block are totally clean. No marks at all for about an inch. Right after the clean area there is remnants of the gasket. Maybe the hot air and alky leaking past the gaskets steamed them off? You could hear a slight hissing when the engine was shut off sometimes and it was using a slight amount of coolant. Finally one day I checked the radiator and it was all foamy. Not surprisingly, that area is right between the head bolts. That's where Stage motors with the extra head bolts are located.

Mid 600's to about 700whp but the ramp in is very slow compared to a 66 turbine. Converter slip 6-7% calculated at 135mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking 650-750 guess ill have to get someone to tune the xfi on the dyno. I will share #'s

I was thinking 650-750 guess ill have to get someone to tune the xfi on the dyno. I will share #'s

You said stock bottom end in the first post. You are thinking you might make 750 rwhp with the stock camshaft????

210/210 roller cam . Stock bore. Stock pistons stock crank stock rods. non stock RJC oil pan lol
Champion slightly ported heads T&D roller rockers

Last edited:
Im stroked to 3.55 but times are in my sig with 6768 and .63 housing.
Buddy of mine goes 9.8 on a non-stroked motor at 27-28 psi with 6768 and xfi. 60's are soft tho.

It will make 9 sec power easily. It isnt like the stock bottom end is going to hold back power, it will just go boom after a handfull of hits. The rest of yhe combo is sound, the bottom end just wont hold up. Cranks, rods, pistons, and blocks dont make power, they support power.

hindsight I should have used all steel caps and a girdle .. like I did on the tta. I can always swap motors an heads

very nice rides you have!

It will make 9 sec power easily. It isnt like the stock bottom end is going to hold back power, it will just go boom after a handfull of hits. The rest of yhe combo is sound, the bottom end just wont hold up. Cranks, rods, pistons, and blocks dont make power, they support power.
Yes x2 on what he said.. Top of motor is where you make your power..

Subscribed. I wonder how the larger 68mm turbine effects drive pressures on the billet 67mm vs the 66mm turbine.