what primer and paint to use on fiberglass fillers?

Joeld

Car has original paint and while i await for the boss to approve a budget for new paint job i will do fillers myself

Looking for basic prep instructions and rattle can primer and paint recommendations

Thank you
Joel

If you're buying my fillers, the black jell coat should be a close enough match to your black paint to get you by until your ready to paint your whole car. You just pull them out of the box and put them on. All of the other fiberglass bumper fillers that I've seen require hours at a body shop to make them look and fit nice so you can paint them. Here's what mine look like right out of the box.

blackfillers024_zpsea9720fd.jpg

rearfillers041.jpg

Why spend money to rattle can cheep fillers, only to have to pay extra to have that paint removed. Then pay to have the fillers corrected so they'll fit and look nice, so you can pay to have them painted.

Unless of coarse you've got tons of dough like Lou and Gary.:D

Mike Barnard

Thanks i purchased mine from a buddy locally who had an extra unused set

They are not nicely black like like yours

Want ro replace my broken originals and would like the car to look decent prior to paint job which will not be for some time though

I was hoping to salvage originals not knowing how brittle these things get

Thanks
Joel

I wouldn't waist to much time and money on the originals. If they haven't crumbled yet, they soon will. Especially if you take them off a car, or try to repaint them.

Mike B.

The fillers in the above pictures were not painted?
Nope!
That's what my black jell coat looks like right out of the box. :) They are almost a perfect match while in the shade. My fillers look a little grayer then paint in direct sun. Here's a link to HD video of what they look like. In the last minute of the video, I show what they look like in the sun.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

That makes the decision easy.:) And they fit perfect.....sounds like a 6 beer project.