What other upgrades to do with Alky kit

Funny reading this thread. a simple "hey just want to go a little faster" turns into mo $$$ mo $$$$$. Stuff sure does add up quick when ya start addin this an that. ;)

Funny reading this thread. a simple "hey just want to go a little faster" turns into mo $$$ mo $$$$$. Stuff sure does add up quick when ya start addin this an that. ;)
Yes it does! Thought it would be a simple add on..Stupid me! In my defense I am a newbie though..Ive had the car a few years but never looked to upgrade anything

My guess is around $8-10K if you do most of the work to get a decent performing car, and that doesn't include heads or cam or learning curve mistakes. Decent is relative though. Lol.

Do I have to go with high performance sprockets and chain or can I just buy them at the auto parts store?

.Ive had the car a few years but never looked to upgrade anything
you may want to rethink it;)with the right bolt ons you really can wake the car up but you will wear it out faster.at 18psi with a single nozzle it will be alot more fun than stock.the stock turbo is not that hard on the stock motor

the simple boost controller will wake the car up and make it funner to drive by getting rid of the progressive factory boost solenoid... LOL funner that word cracks me up ... anyways im glad you are learning and realizing you dont just put stuff on the car like your phone call led you to believe ...

you may want to rethink it;)with the right bolt ons you really can wake the car up but you will wear it out faster.at 18psi with a single nozzle it will be alot more fun than stock.the stock turbo is not that hard on the stock motor
From what I understand the Alky unit I purchased is a double nozzle..What are you suggesting that others here havent? Interested in hearing all points of view.Thanks!

the simple boost controller will wake the car up and make it funner to drive by getting rid of the progressive factory boost solenoid... LOL funner that word cracks me up ... anyways im glad you are learning and realizing you dont just put stuff on the car like your phone call led you to believe ...
I dont even know how to install the damn thing yet! lol..With you guys by my side Im sure I can do it..I did that PITA Dakota digital dash which came out great thanks to the info and help from all you guys..

Key answer is... what is your budget? That has not been said and that dictates how far you can go with what ever mods you can do.

Key answer is... what is your budget? That has not been said and that dictates how far you can go with what ever mods you can do.
Well Ive got a extra like $1500 to spend on fuel pump with hotwire kit, timing chain and spockets, valve springs, etc...I know its not much but thats what I am seeing it will cost for most of the stuff suggested to me via other members...

You can use a double roller...but you can't use the tensioner as I mentioned in the vid. I ASSUME TA sells the stock style replacement...but you'll have to call and ask.

Ok so I just looked everything up and did some research for the right parts and cost...In replacing, cam and crank sprockets with chain, valve springs, new Fuel pump with hotwire kit, Dual fan setup with hotwire kit, Turbo Tweak chip and 60lb injectors, New MAF sensor, knock sensor,oxygen sensor, and water pump, It will cost me around $1100 to $1200 in parts..Will this bring me up to par to run the car with about 18 pounds with 16-18 pounds with the Alky kit without breaking things and wrecking my tranny? As for installation, How rough is it to change the timing chain/ sprocket setup and the valve springs? Eveything else will be easy for me..Any other special tools needed as pullers and stuff?

No need for alky if that's the boost level you want to run. Your tranny will live beyond 18psi. If your running alky run 22psi or don't waste your time with it. Tuning is key. If you do not know what you are doing, rub shoulders with someone local who can tune it or put you in front of someone that can. Hellcats are off the table with what you are looking to do. You need a lot more then that to be competitive, especially since your giving up about 15 to 20mph in the qtr with what you will have after the mods you have posted. When time and money spares, this is what you should do to have them in your radar.

6262 turbo with a updated turbo tweak chip
tranny beefed up
9.5" converter
3" down pipe with the puck to eliminate that elbow coming off the turbo
2.5" dual exhaust
a decent drag radial
24 to 25psi with alky
Stock ported heads with heavy duty rocker shafts or adjustable rockers
Champion ported lower intake or someone selling a ported one they did.

You should already have the 60lb injectors and 255 fuel pump with hotwire kit
You said you were going to change the cam when doing the timing chain and valve springs.

This will put you in the hunt to reach your end goal. Chip away at it in stages. Bonus is, everything you need is always in the forsale section as
others look to upgrade, so you can get them for a fraction of the cost. Do your homework on who you buy from. Price alone can't dictate the sale
if the guy your buying it from has a bad rep.

No need for alky if that's the boost level you want to run. Your tranny will live beyond 18psi. If your running alky run 22psi or don't waste your time with it. Tuning is key. If you do not know what you are doing, rub shoulders with someone local who can tune it or put you in front of someone that can. Hellcats are off the table with what you are looking to do. You need a lot more then that to be competitive, especially since your giving up about 15 to 20mph in the qtr with what you will have after the mods you have posted. When time and money spares, this is what you should do to have them in your radar.

6262 turbo with a updated turbo tweak chip
tranny beefed up
9.5" converter
3" down pipe with the puck to eliminate that elbow coming off the turbo
2.5" dual exhaust
a decent drag radial
24 to 25psi with alky
Stock ported heads with heavy duty rocker shafts or adjustable rockers
Champion ported lower intake or someone selling a ported one they did.

You should already have the 60lb injectors and 255 fuel pump with hotwire kit
You said you were going to change the cam when doing the timing chain and valve springs.

This will put you in the hunt to reach your end goal. Chip away at it in stages. Bonus is, everything you need is always in the forsale section as
others look to upgrade, so you can get them for a fraction of the cost. Do your homework on who you buy from. Price alone can't dictate the sale
if the guy your buying it from has a bad rep.
Your tranny will live beyond 18psi. If your running alky run 22psi or don't waste your time with it. ..

So do you think I can put the Alky and run the 22 psi without worrying about the tranny or should I go 18 the highest without it and update tranny If I decide to use the alky and turn the boost up to 22?