what micro brews....

trixdout

...do you guys drink? Anyone a member at beeradvocate.com?

My favorites range from Founders, Sierra Nevada, Lagunitas (cheap and awesome), Dogfish Head, River Horse, Victory, Weyerbacher.... are just some of my favorites, mostly because that's the stuff I can get my hands on.

I've tried The Alchemist, Dark Horse, Pliny the Elder and some minor other ones.

I've drank most of the above and many more. I've learned I like IPA's which are a bit bitter for most people. I've found most brews from Southern Tier (NY?)
are pretty tasty - they've won many awards. Adirondack Brewery (Lake George, NY) and Lake Placid Brewery (NY) make some pretty tasty treats. Recently
I've been trying Davidson Brothers Brewery (Glens Falls, NY) more good stuff! :) Tried some Lagunitas IPA last week - it was good! Had some Dogfish Head
that was 22 percent alcohol. Can't say I liked it - but you can be sure I drank it! :) So many beers to try.....it's a long road and a little wheel.....will take many turns
to get there - CDB

I've drank most of the above and many more. I've learned I like IPA's which are a bit bitter for most people. I've found most brews from Southern Tier (NY?)
are pretty tasty - they've won many awards. Adirondack Brewery (Lake George, NY) and Lake Placid Brewery (NY) make some pretty tasty treats. Recently
I've been trying Davidson Brothers Brewery (Glens Falls, NY) more good stuff! :) Tried some Lagunitas IPA last week - it was good! Had some Dogfish Head
that was 22 percent alcohol. Can't say I liked it - but you can be sure I drank it! :) So many beers to try.....it's a long road and a little wheel.....will take many turns
to get there - CDB

Yea that high abv dogfish head is something to try and indulge in once in a while or even split it with someone. which one was it? I've had one beer from Davidson Brothers actually. It was a belgian style dubbel. Really good to my surprise. You are definitely right though; there are so so many, that makes ti difficult to choose which to drink next.

I don't recall which Dogfish Head it was, it was at the counter at the beverage center while I was checking out. I love to try stuff from the micro brewers and
there are a lot in my area. Plus I travel the Northeast a lot and try the local stuff wherever I am. Can't remember the name of most. I stopped at the Cottrell
Brewery in CT right next to the RI border. I think the town is half it CT half in RI. Got the first gallon of some fresh batch - man was that good!!! Alas, they
don't sell it in my area. Had something in Cooperstown a couple weeks ago that was good. Must have been good - can't remember the name of it again!!! :confused:

I like micro brews. The pale ales are my fav. Sierra Nevada is great.

I try to experiment every time I go out.

Just yesterday I was at a restaurant in Newton MA and had a brew I’ve never seen before.
It’s called “ Dead Guy Ale” . I think it said it was from Oregon.

It was a real good tasting Pale Ale.

00.jpg

D

Blah .. summer times for suckin down about 14 bud light cans.. well that n im a lightweight but sam adams cherry wheat is pretty tastey

Bud Light? Don’t they brew that stuff with water from the local river?

D

Sierra Nevada is good but I don't think there much of a micro brewery anymore but I like there extra ipa "torpedo"
I come from WI and am currently living in TX . Hardly anyone down here drinks dark beers so its a bit of a challenge to find a good stout, porter, dark ipa's etc.
Surly's good up in MN. There are a lots of micro brews in the north compared to down here. New Glarus"spotted cow" is great too

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Grain Belt Nordeast, Liftbridge Farm Girl, New Belgium Fat Tire are my top 3. And of course Free beer LOL

i'm a sucker for berkshire brewing company "steel rail"

it's pretty heavy though for a pale ale so you can only drink a couple:)

Yea dead guy ale is brewed by rogue. I forget the link, it's on my facebook page. It writes about the various chemicals (note I said chemicals not ingredients) to make the beer. Some of which is the same glycerol or glycine thats used in antifreeze.

So THAT’S why it was so yummy. Who knew?

D
I for one noticed there was something wrong with the macro brews in college because the morning after a party i jachtu beer shits an woke up super early to those shits. They may taste drinkable but for sure put a toll on your digestive system.

I like micro brews. The pale ales are my fav. Sierra Nevada is great.

I try to experiment every time I go out.

Just yesterday I was at a restaurant in Newton MA and had a brew I’ve never seen before.
It’s called “ Dead Guy Ale” . I think it said it was from Oregon.

It was a real good tasting Pale Ale.

View attachment 196269

D
hello and what's happenin; Newton Mass. that's my part of town. Do you know Galen st. it comes out of Watertown sq. to Newton. There's going to be a micro brewery opening across from Pearl st. soon. It might be open? There's one in Waltham also. But I made a bad mistake in buying a variety case of Costcos house brand of craft beers. There IPA sucked and I thru the last two bottles away. I suffered enough.
But what I've been doing in buying a case of Heiniken and one of Sams larger. Then everytime I have a beer I'd switch. Try it you might like it. I think they just stopped the deal with Sams but there case was 28 bottles. It might be back.
IBBY

Couple of things, I know its not a micro but Sams Oktoberfest if by far my favorite grocery store beer.

Far as micros we have a place down here in GA called jailhouse and they make a very good amber, wheat, and IPA.

Nice and it sounds like a catchy name. Their beer names reflect the brewery name?

Also have you tried terrapin? It's pretty good. I like them alot.

Nice and it sounds like a catchy name. Their beer names reflect the brewery name?

Also have you tried terrapin? It's pretty good. I like them alot.

hopescutioner or something was pretty good I think terrapin are they out of GA too? I know we have several.

Cherokee Red Ale, a Knoxville favorite. But when I'm in Asheville I prefer Highland Gaelic Ale.