What lug nuts to use with aftermarket wheels

87granny

Bought a set of Riddler 606 wheels and don't know what lugs to use if anyone can help I'd appreciate it

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Looks to me as a cone lug nut is what's used.
I'd look at the McGard lugs, and stay away from Gorilla, etc.

jlat

hello people: I went with Gorilla nuts w/my Kirban wheels and they work. I liked the anti theift pattern. I guess there not the best look? I'd like to hear what others say as My nuts are showing some ware.
IBBY

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
most oem wheels are hub centric and use cone lug nuts....lug centric wheels will use a shank style lug nut as the wheels are centered by the lugs and wheels have a straight hole with no cone. i am sure the manufacturing will specify but easy from just inspection of the lug holes...

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
hello people: I went with Gorilla nuts w/my Kirban wheels and they work. I liked the anti theift pattern. I guess there not the best look? I'd like to hear what others say as My nuts are showing some ware.
IBBY
I had 1 shootout with Gorilla on the lugs for my BS streetlites.
Streetlites used to be lug centric. The Gorilla lugs galled up in the bores. The ends of the hex area was undersized and gouged into the washer face. Threaded holes were off center.
Washers were oversize and junk, the lugs chrome peeled, and the sales guy at Gorilla was an asshole to deal with. Was supposed to get a refund....8yrs ago. Still waiting.
My current set of Streets are hub centric.

Last edited:

hensleyt

I had 1 shootout with Gorilla on the lugs for my BS streetlites.
Streetlites used to be lug centric. The Gorilla lugs galled up in the bores. The ends of the hex area was undersized and gouged into the washer face. Threaded holes were off center.
Washers were oversize and junk, the lugs chrome peeled, and the sales guy at Gorilla was an asshole to deal with. Was supposed to get a refund....8yrs ago. Still waiting.
My current set of Streets are hub centric.
A friend’s mustang and DLights did that exactly same thin two year’s ago cost him 5 lug studs and a set of wheels and a $ 500 dollar tow from the race track
Not my favorite way to hold a wheel on a car

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
In the "FWIW" dept: McGard has lug nuts with a 1/4" "extended reach.
If the studs are a LITTLE shorter than you want, these will help.
I don't suggest putting high HP/TQ thru a marginal length stud.
My applications are on street cars, with <400 at the wheels.
Should I do a race app, I have drill fixtures to re-drill the wheels for shoulder lugs.

Pronto

You can't knock them up with spit.
Not sure on those rims but on mine, I found the regular acorns were too wide and even a thin wall socket wouldn't fit. I had to with the 'tuner' style which are narrower.

hensleyt

I know OE is 13/16 socket but my Gbody wheels I use 3/4 and your 606's look like a tight fit for 13/16 nut and socket too.
the set size remans the same just smaller socket. Not as easy to find a chrome 6 point socket as it was 20 years ago.