What kind of lives some GNX's had?...

Ditto here, #544 doing well and in my garage. We also have 2 1986 GN's, one of which is a 9 sec. car, the other...eh, maybe 11. 3 friends also have GN's. Talk about the looks you get with 6 of these babies as you're traveling the streets is unbelievable.
Wednesday before the Woodward Dream Cruise the MBTC met on Woodward and 40+ black beauties cruised down Woodward at 20 mph. What a glorious sight that was.
Can never get enough of that kind of thrill!!!

I had the pleasure of working on #006 in 2000 when I lived in mass. I was at a car audio shop and this guy came in and wanted an upgrade to last for life because the car was never coming apart again. I had no idea what a gnX was, the guy was real cool, but real anal (now I know why, and can't blame him) Said he'd been looking for this car for awhile. so we hooked him up and at the end of the job he took the installers for a ride, one word-insane. He showed us the back end lifts before a launch and did a couple rolling burnouts. Now that i know what a gnX is, and wish I could thank that guy again for a great ride in a very rare car.

#106 is in South Alabama (not far from Vanman). It's got over 50K on it but is in very good condition and is only driven a couple of times a year.

Gnx 405

Just to add to your list. My Son-In-Law (GNX 405) is too busy lately to join the boards, but his (405), is within weeks of completing a 5 year Frame Off restoration. It's living comfortably near Ashville NC.

You talking about Richard from Valdosta, the president of the Buick club and also owns Wildcat performance??? If so he has 2 GNX's 3 T-types and 3 Gn's!!

No Richard Clark is in NC, I thought someone once said he had over 40 GNs, and many gnx's and the gtg at his place last year was posted here w/ pics of a warehouse full of NOS parts for these cars. Its like disneyland for TR nuts.

IOWA GN, yes I got my car out of Iowa in 1991. It had to be the same car. I still have it with 32k on it and try to take her out as often as I can to a cruise show.

VanMan, I believe you and I talked a couple of years ago about my car. I'm planning a trip to Tallahassee towards Thanks Giving. Any chance you'll be around so that we could meet and perhaps I would be able to look at your collection.

If anyone bought the Kirban Reunion DVD, your see 547 and the history of 547 by the original owner.

IOWA GN, yes I got my car out of Iowa in 1991. It had to be the same car. I still have it with 32k on it and try to take her out as often as I can to a cruise show.

Hey, if you go to a show sometime please let me know somehow, I would love to see what I missed out on. Thanks

GNX 200 has been in western Canada since 1998. It's considerably quicker than stock and is definitely not a garage queen.

This is my first time visiting this portion of the site. I have seen one here in Las Cruces, NM and it was about 5 years ago. There used to be a 2nd Day bread store next to the shop I used to work at and I thought a POS volkswagon pulled up next door. I went out the bay door and saw a trashed GN with the GNX emblem on the trunk lid. I went over and scoped it out and the interior was destroyed like the windows had never been rolled up. The quarter panels were rusted out from him taking his boat to Caballo Lake and it did have a trailer hitch on it. It was dented all over and scratched beyond belief. The # portion above the glove box was destroyed also. He came out and I asked him if it was real and he said real loud "HELL YEAH, IT'S REAL SON." Older man, probably about mid 60's. I asked him what happened to it and he said he just drives it and goes to the lake. I asked him if he knew what the car used to be worth and he acted like he didn't care and said "It's just a car". He pretty much pissed me off since he had no respect for the poor thing. My old 85 was pretty beaten up by the original owner and mine looked like a jewel compared to that GNX. :(

This is my first time visiting this portion of the site. I have seen one here in Las Cruces, NM and it was about 5 years ago. There used to be a 2nd Day bread store next to the shop I used to work at and I thought a POS volkswagon pulled up next door. I went out the bay door and saw a trashed GN with the GNX emblem on the trunk lid. I went over and scoped it out and the interior was destroyed like the windows had never been rolled up. The quarter panels were rusted out from him taking his boat to Caballo Lake and it did have a trailer hitch on it. It was dented all over and scratched beyond belief. The # portion above the glove box was destroyed also. He came out and I asked him if it was real and he said real loud "HELL YEAH, IT'S REAL SON." Older man, probably about mid 60's. I asked him what happened to it and he said he just drives it and goes to the lake. I asked him if he knew what the car used to be worth and he acted like he didn't care and said "It's just a car". He pretty much pissed me off since he had no respect for the poor thing. My old 85 was pretty beaten up by the original owner and mine looked like a jewel compared to that GNX. :(

You DID kick him in the balls right:biggrin:

You DID kick him in the balls right:biggrin:

Yeowch - don't want you to see mine. It's not beat, but I don't worry too much about being original. I bought mine to drive, not to start my own private Buick museum. My theory is if you want to make a car go really fast, start with a fast car. The only concessions I make for it being an X are; NO cutting, keep the original parts and buy the best I can find (no budget). My X was a replacement for a GN that was stolen. It was my wife’s idea to get an X, and she hates cars, but back then mine was only $27,000 for a 9000 mile X.

I really did want to kick him in the jewels and take the keys from him. I figured the interior can be replaced and quarter panels replaced. All the parts were there and it was just so unloved. It broke my heart to see it in that shape. The aluminum diff cover was oxidized so bad and looked like it was half eaten away. The bushings in the torque arm were rotted out and the car rattled as he drove away. I would have traded my 85 GN straight across and I bet my car ran MUCH harder than his X would have. I could have fixed her up instead of him ruining it more. Haven't seen it since. I do remember it did have NM plates on it.

These are old pics of my 85 right before she got sold to a member on this list. He said he was going to do a restoration but it was in WAY better condition than the GNX. Sad.

Attachments

• 85GN01.jpg
    85GN01.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,592
  • 85GN02.jpg
    85GN02.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,617
  • 85GN06.jpg
    85GN06.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,596
There was a GNX a few years ago that was in storage and ended up with several pounds of candy under the hood from mice and an adjacent storage block!

Number 434 is in CT.A friend bought it back in 2000 from the original owner. Had 6k on it then! Has 7k now. Car is all original!! Went with him to purchase,was stored in climate controlled airplane hanger! Original owner also had a Hemi Cuda,Fuelie Vette,and a few other toys plus his planes!

I havent seen # 152 in a few years the owner tried to push me away from modding my BUICK what was he thinking LOL ,he's had some real low mileage GN'S until he got his hands on # 152 and had less than 200 miles !

GNX #359 is in Houston, Texas. Owned by Texas Direct Auto. We are putting it in our club display @ Houston Autorama. M.S.O. never titled- - - 009 miles on odometer. Putting dollies under rear wheels to load in enclosed trailer for transport to & from George R. Brown Convention center. - - #483 lives here also, had a roll bar in it last time I saw it about 2 years ago. - - #87 was in our Club display last year.