What is up with GNX #234

We WOULD buy it. Probably not for what their asking price is.

D

Last edited:
You guys are bugging
If you had the chance to own it
At a fair price you guys would jump on it

repaint ?
Most Gn were repainted to the crappy paint job

The story of Gnx 234 has been beaten to death.

It's a real car, not all Gnx are museum pieces
While many have had paint work or a respray the fact is they are only original once. I just thought it funny to claim in a for sale ad, "only one repaint".

Yes, at a decent price I would be rolling around in a GnX. I would have bought one new if they wouldn't have been twice the sticker of my we4, and most four or more times once the dealer marked them up.

Fact is, the car is over priced. You can polish it all you like, the price doesn't match the product in this market. Can he catch a loto winner, an uneducated buyer, someone who doesn't care about the history or originality? It's a crap shoot but sure, "there's a chance". And if he has the credit or cash to carry it in the mean time, more power to him.

I think it is great that these hold their value. Doesn't help me buy another but does prop up the one I have.

I'd drive it in a heart beat, just like I'd drive any one of them no matter if it was underwater at sandy or Katrina or just left out under a tree. While it is just a car, it is a GnX, the holy frail of eighties factory hot rods. Even almost three decades later people have stories of their times back then where the saw, rode, friends dad/cousin/neighbor, had one and it was the baddest thing on the street.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You guys are bugging
If you had the chance to own it
AT A FAIR PRICE you guys would jump on it

repaint ?
Most Gn were repainted to the crappy paint job

The story of Gnx 234 has been beaten to death.

It's a real car, not all Gnx are museum pieces

There you have it!

That car is doomed not to sell because of the very fact that the only person that will purchase it is a one in a million idiot that doesn't do their homework.

Anybody spending over fifty grand on a car [collector car] is going to do some homework on it before parting with any cash.

Now that the facts are out there that the seller goes back on his word by not letting it sell at the no reserve price that was offered amongst the other issues that may come with this car, the only thing the seller is accomplishing is lowering the value of the car while in their custody.

The more they deceive or bait and switch the lower the price will go. They should have just been honest and stuck to legitimate selling practices and they may have gotten close to what they wanted unless the car really is a turd and they are willing to wait it out for a clueless buyer in which case the term: A fool and his money will soon be parted, but in this case it may be awhile as there is a shortage of money not fools out there in the market for GNX's.

When the fools with money arrive the car may sell unless they just decide to take a loss or price it where it should be [40-45k max] and get it out of their tainted possession.

Like said by others the car may be worth more than what some are willing to pay, but with the way they are trying to sell it they will scare more people off than they will entice into buying it.

It's just a shame that these cars seem to breed dishonest sellers.

were all entitled to an opinion,
"tainted past??" I don't think so!
if you on;y knew the truth about alot of collector cars!
it is my opinion, your just crying sour grapes CAUSE YOU CAN'T AFFORD ONE!
if I were in the market for a GNX, I'd look at this one, as I know the past, and its clearly stated
by a reputable member of this site,
now either buy it or move on, and quitchebitchin!

after all, were all entitled to an opinion.

My statements clearly state that the people selling are the problem not the car. I said that their possession tainted the car not the condition of the car.

The cars value may recover once in reputable hands, but as long as these owners/brokers continue to be dishonest about how they try to sell it no buyer that knows the sellers selling history would buy it for fear of some other problems that may not be disclosed.

PERCEPTION is part of the selling price and the way they continue to deceive the higher the perception that they are crooked or hiding something.

And second of all you have no idea what I can or cannot afford. I would never buy a GNX for no reason other than that they aren't worth the money for what you get in my OPINION.

Anything and I mean anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I love buicks more than most and have always owned one for at least 30 years.

I would sell my GN before I would sell my 68GS 400 conv. 4 spd. any day of the week.

I prefer 60's muscle cars and that is also my opinion. You don't need to attack someone just because your opinion is different from others.

I restored classic cars for years in the 80's and 90's so I do have a clue about what goes on in the collector car world. Even if I didn't restore cars in the past it's not hard to get educated on what to look for in a quality car.

And like you said we are all entitled to our opinions not just what you think, so quit bitchin' about others opinions as no one is bitchin' about yours.(y)

Last edited:
It seems that the economy is dictating the worth of these cars and people aren't willing to sell at the lower prices that are being offered which is only going to hurt the value more when people see them relisted again and again.

It not only makes the seller look bad when they don't sell for the agreed price it makes the value of the car fall even further thereby creating a soft market for that car when a pattern like this happens from more than one seller.

WRONG!
it means sellers will NOT sell for peanuts, no matter what you think,
they still command a price beyond what you will pay,
and obviously still more than alot of tightwads will pay.
all your whining and complaining does nothing but show you cannot or will not pay
what they are really worth.
give it up,

I don't look at the GNX's to closely only because I don't plan on investing that kind of money in a Grand National but this car seems a bit over priced. If my memory serves me right hasn't there been museum quality GNX's or lets say super low mile examples for sale in the 80's recently? There's a 37,000 miles GNX on ebay in the low 60's right now.

Without seeing the car in question in person I wouldn't speculate on a value since it's been repainted and had the motor redone but I would think buying it in the $40's would be wishful thinking. It'd be nice but not going to happen.

There was a recent (within the last year) sale of a GNA to a forum member here, out of NY I believe that was a wrapper car with under 100 miles for I believe around $80K. There is also another one that has around 300 miles that has been on and off the market recently for like $85K. That is where the immaculate "wrapper" cars are now. I have a list going back to the late 90's on every GNX that I see pop up for sale marking down what it sold for and what if anything was noted on the car. Right now, no one is paying $100K for an X. It will likely happen again, but if wrapper cars are selling for $80K, that tells you that everything less than "wrapper" will be less than $80K. There have also been quite a few in recent months that sold for $50K - $55K with under 15K miles, and in the case of the Kirban car, about 10K miles. This is the market, like it or not. You can debate the value all day long, but the car is worth what it is actually selling for regardless of the many that would not take that for their specific car.

I think I will buy one this year, but it has to be a car with less than 10K miles as I plan on adding some miles myself. I'm sure I will find something in that category for somewhere a lot less than some of the numbers thrown around here.