What is this?

mr84ss

Whats up family. Im just starting to work on my GN i bought awhile back( other projects and got into an accident). I was looking at it and noticed a lil box laying on the driver side of the intake. It has vacuum lines running into the egr valve and its wires go down over behind the intake toward the ignition coil wires. What is it and whats it purpose?

5c182e67a834759093489e1f771c9c60.jpg

de71582d7551b2a7e2a56c507b5bed2c.jpg

Hmmmmm, never saw that before.............seems like something to measure EGR and tie to a gauge possibly??????

It was in there when i bought the car. Idk much about it

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

it's an older Turbo Tweak chip designed for 42lb injectors and 93 octane gas with a boost level of 15-7 psi. Timing is 20 in 1st and 2nd, 18 in 3rd, 4th. So it's a step up from stock for boost level and size of the injectors are about 2 steps up from stock. Eric usually eliminates the egr valve function. Not sure on the old chips though. You can ask him. If it does then you can get rid of that junk.

Ok, cool. Thanks to everyone for the quick replies, tips snd information. I'll call him on monday

If you eliminate the egr, keep that vacuum line. There should be a one way valve plastic valve with a plastic line heading over the the ac box area. That is needed for your heater controls in the car. Your vacuum lines are not run right. Got no idea why they put a Y there with a plastic line (that looks like the MAP signal line) is running over the upper plenum. Take a pic of the other side. I take it this has vacuum brakes too with that 3/8ths line running around the back. Normally that line is run from a billet vacuum block on top of the throttle body that has an extra port on the drivers side for that line.

adfcf7fe53dd274db069546ef4808632.jpg

The line that going across the top of the intake goes under the ac/heat box so i guess thats for the blend doors. The vacuum brakes are t'd to the pvc valve

Goofy set up. You got some cleanup to do. I'ld get that billet vac block and streamline that rats nest. The clamp on the coupler near the throttle body needs to be pushed back more and straightened so it won't blow off. They bypassed the throttle body warmer which is ok. The boost actuator solenoid is tied to that. It needs to be plugged in or it will show a code. That's why that's there. There's a small spacer set under the upper plenum probably not needed. Doesn't look like there is a Power Plate in there though.

Yea your right. I got it from a young guy who dad gave it to him and he really wasnt to interested in it and it sat for years

Whats up family. Im just starting to work on my GN i bought awhile back( other projects and got into an accident). I was looking at it and noticed a lil box laying on the driver side of the intake. It has vacuum lines running into the egr valve and its wires go down over behind the intake toward the ignition coil wires. What is it and whats it purpose?

5c182e67a834759093489e1f771c9c60.jpg

de71582d7551b2a7e2a56c507b5bed2c.jpg
EGR solenoid

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk