What is this off the front of the passenger side valve cover?

c0v3rr1d3

Noticed this piece has disintegrated and was wondering what it is and how to replace it.

Its coming off the front of the passenger side valve cover behind the turbo.
photo.JPG

photo%25281%2529.JPG

It's a device designed to inject oil and crankcase gunk into the turbo inlet so as to sufficiently coat the entire intact track in oil, sludge and gunk to appease the environmental hippies yet make the car belch out more emissions.

Yanks it all off and get a filter kit from a vendor. It'll come with a small filter for the valve cover and a block off cap for the inlet bell.

It's a device designed to inject oil and crankcase gunk into the turbo inlet so as to sufficiently coat the entire intact track in oil, sludge and gunk to appease the environmental hippies yet make the car belch out more emissions.

Yanks it all off and get a filter kit from a vendor. It'll come with a small filter for the valve cover and a block off cap for the inlet bell.
Earl...that was a fantastic answer. It read like it came outta my mouth.
Bravo!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

LMAO! :D

Don't throw it out. If you get your car smogged you will need it. Don't know which state you are in but check that first.

Thx, i'm in RI. While it still needs a safety and emissions test,the car will not be failed if it does not pass emissions standards. So i should be good to go.

You might also want to remove your intercooler and give it a flush. If it has never been cleaned you may find quite a bit of oil in there from that stock set up.

Glad to see you got a car that is all original. Definitely needs some attention to the rust, but nice.