What is this front bumper thing???

TURBOELKY

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Never seen it before but it has my interest. Any info on this? Does it fit well? Who made it?

Looks like a kenne bell ram air bumper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking. I need a bumper and air dams but just curious about fit.

its a kenne bell one peice fiberglass bumper with air duct dams and intercooler power scoop

had one on my car for years only missing the mounts on back so i cut up a stock support to go behind it
..still have it somewhere
atco87.jpg

Yeah me too. Going to check one out in a few. If there's no damage I'm on it. Needed a glass bumper and air dams anyways

Yep....Kenne Bell...I have one, too. Only with a steel bumper with aluminum insert. What you show here would really be cool on your GN. But.....make sure you dry fit it first before you buy!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Well I picked it up yesterday. Doesn't look to have ever been mounted. I'll dry fit before I paint but I suspect being a quality product, it should fit fine. Pretty cool part and the glass is quality stuff like Spoolfool makes (y)

I didn't realize from your pics that it's all one piece, I've never seen more than just the spoiler. That's truly a rare and unique find.

If you decide to install it, you'll soon find it's an awesome, aggressive looking piece that actually functions. But just remember to be cautious when parking nose in and beware of nasty slopes/driveways, since fiberglass isn't forgiving. And yes, TA Performance bought the mold(spoiler only) and is now reproducing it.

Last edited:
Yeah it's the real deal. I understand about it being low, my choo choo is sitting real low and I have to be careful with parking curbs and driveways, luckily it's not fiberglass though. So TA makes the ram air bumper like I posted a pic of???

they just make the airdam power scoop that attaches under the stock bumper

they just make the airdam power scoop that attaches under the stock bumper
Yeah I looked that up. I'm excited about this one piece because I needed a bumper and dams lol. Thing is in excellent shape, just one minor repair needed. I'll try to get it cleaned up and painted this weekend, I think I have enough paint to do it

that would have been the separate lower scoop air dam setup ..TA PERFormance remade them
http://www.taperformance.com/products.asp?cat=461

Yes, you're right.....lower scoop air dam setup and had a solid cover over the top of the intercooler scoop.....got a great deal on it years ago....works so well. Has only the turbo cooler scoop on the driver's side.....passenger side is solid....not a bad deal for $130. Cleaned it up, sanded lightly, painted it, installed it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

its a kenne bell one peice fiberglass bumper with air duct dams and intercooler power scoop

had one on my car for years only missing the mounts on back so i cut up a stock support to go behind it
..still have it somewhere
View attachment 288480
Luckily the mounts are still on mine. I went to install it today and realize I need to collapse the bumper shocks around 2" for it to mount right. After I washed the dirt off and lined up the existing holes, it was obvious it's never been mounted. The holes are in the wrong place. I think someone drilled it by measure off the car? Idk. I'll try to get it on tomorrow

I put one on my GN 16 yrs ago ,love it .I get comments on it all the time , Had to kinda tweak it to get holes to line up
GRAND NATIONAL.jpg

Looks great man! I finally got mine mounted. Seems the drivers side air dam is about 1" short of the other side. I'm not concerned, other than that it fits and looks great! Can't wait to have car painted. Thanks for sharing the pic!

There was one of these for sale at the GS Nats on Wednesday. Definitely cool.