What is the dumbest question someone has asked you about your car?

I HAD THIS KNUCLEHEAD STOP BY AND SAY IS THAT A GRAND AM .I SAID UH NO ,HE SAID THATS TO BAD THEYRE PRETTY FAST ,I SAID UH YEAH ,I SAID ITS A BUICK . HE SAID I THOUGHT PONTIAC MADE THOSE .I SAID NO GM DOES.THEN IT CLICKED ....A GRAND NATIONAL ,JUST HAD A DEER IN THE HEADLIGHT LOOK... THEN HE PROCEEDS TO ASK IF I WANTED TO TRADE HIM FOR AN 90 RS V6 SHITBOX CAMARO . I JUST LAUGHED

I HAD THIS KNUCLEHEAD STOP BY AND SAY IS THAT A GRAND AM .I SAID UH NO ,HE SAID THATS TO BAD THEYRE PRETTY FAST ,I SAID UH YEAH ,I SAID ITS A BUICK . HE SAID I THOUGHT PONTIAC MADE THOSE .I SAID NO GM DOES.THEN IT CLICKED ....A GRAND NATIONAL ,JUST HAD A DEER IN THE HEADLIGHT LOOK... THEN HE PROCEEDS TO ASK IF I WANTED TO TRADE HIM FOR AN 90 RS V6 SHITBOX CAMARO . I JUST LAUGHED
Yes, idiots seem to flock to Turbo Buicks with "knowledge" of them. FYI, please turn off the caps, no need to yell.

Had a middle aged women look at my Gn at the local cruise nite. She asked what make of car it was, and i replied a Buick. She said that he father had Buicks all her life and that Buick NEVER made a car that looked like that. Could not convince her that it was a Buick, so go figure....

I am at the shell station a block from my house getting gas.

Lady-That is a beautiful Monte Carlo.
Me- It is a Buick.
Lady-I didn't know Buick made a Monte Carlo.
Me-They didn't it is ....... Never mind!

OMG! Priceless..... I'm still laughing about this one!

Filling up at the gas station the other night. Some bro asks me if it had the "euro" front end. Then he walked around to the front and said, "Yep!"

Just yesterday at a local show . . . . . an acquaintance with an older stock V6 Camaro gets ready to leave . . . . sees me looking at a few cars and starts talking about a brand new CTSV at the show, driven by an older gentleman;

Him: (All excited) You need to go check out that CTS-V!
Me: I have seen it . . it's a bad @$$ car.
Him: You think you can take him? You should go race him. He will take you off the line.
Me: You have no clue what you are talking about do you?
Him: Seriously dude, he will take you off the line.
Me: You have no clue do you?
Him: You should go ask him and race him on the freeway.
Me: You have some money to bet on this?
Him: I will bet my car!
Me: I don’t race for less than $1,000.
Him: Laughs, starts his car and leaves.

Filling up at the gas station the other night. Some bro asks me if it had the "euro" front end. Then he walked around to the front and said, "Yep!"

Wow! I need to get that front end, then it'll be custom.

Just last nite at a cruise heard a couple of good ones. Turbo T next to me was called a Cutlass SS. First time I hear that one. Then someone else asked me why my turbo shield said TURBO when the car has a supercharger! :rolleyes:

Well,since this thread is kinda about inaccurate assumptions a person makes about your car,I'd have to say the one biggest assumption people make about the cars I like-and hence own is that they are the cars I'm "settling for" because I'm not a millionaire. If I was a billionaire,guess what car I'd own?,yeah a GN. I'm lucky that way I guess as I own my dream cars but struggle for the grocery bill.

People are always like "have you seen that so n so new car",it usually has an inflection of not a mutual interest in automobiles but of "your car is nice and I know you think its nice" but when you grow up maybe you can enter the big leagues, and I'm like yeah,whatever.

Many people are unknowledgeable about our cars because they are different. I own this car because it is different! If I had a Camaro or Mustang everyone would know all about it and I would also be like the ten other Camaros and Mustangs I see each day. I don't want that. Yes, it may be harder and more expensive to work on a TR but that's fine with me because I don't want to be like everyone else. Sure I get the questions too that are completely wrong but I just blow them off. :)

Uhmmmmmmm so many.....lets see the most recent one which was more of a comment than question while pulling up to the gas pump.
Him: You have a very bad vacuum leak you can hear it whistle 30 feet away.
Me: You are right....I have been trying to figure out where its coming from for weeks!:)
Its always pretty fun some of the comments/questions I seem to get when I drive the 87GN. I just play along with a confused look:cool:

This should get interesting. I found this on LS1Tech and I have been reading it for about an hour. Some of the comments are priceless! So I ask you tb.com. What is the dumbest question (or comment) someone has EVER asked you about your car.

Has that got a 350 in it?

Link to LS1: http://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lo...question-someone-asked-about-your-car-27.html

Uhmmmmmmm so many.....lets see the most recent one which was more of a comment than question while pulling up to the gas pump.
Him: You have a very bad vacuum leak you can hear it whistle 30 feet away.
Me: You are right....I have been trying to figure out where its coming from for weeks!:)
Its always pretty fun some of the comments/questions I seem to get when I drive the 87GN. I just play along with a confused look:cool:

Now that is an odd one! Never heard that comment before.

Nix

Co worker:(21 yr old with an integra fetish) thats the same thing as an ss or a 442

Me: only in that theyre all g-bodys.

Cw: naw dude they all got the 5.0 its all the same.

Me: whats the hood say?

Cw: oh you put a turbo 3.8 badge on, thats sleeper.

My buddy jay: dude, youre an idiot, it has a turbo six.

Me: jay, youre a fu*king mind reader.

Cw: yo stop playing me, its a 8, pop that sh!t.

(pop hood)

Me: only six wires and plugs.

Cw:(confused look)it aint a v8, hows that fast then?

Me: the TURBO, like your civics and integras have.

Cw:(walking away) thats old people sh!t right there.

we laughed so hard. This kid thinks he knows everything about everything.