What is the best rear upper control arm bushings?

ttypewhite

I still have the original bushings in the ears of my stock rear end. It's time to change them out and replace my upper control arms at the same time. What's the best bushing that I can replace the stock one with? My car does not rattle or sqweak, I want to keep it that way.

Mike,
I’m running HR Parts N Stuff poly bushings in my rear ends pumpkin. Also have their upper & lower rear control arms with poly bushings . No squeaks or noise and am very happy with the install & their performance.

If you want to stay completely stock. Moog Problem solver bushing is a great choice, and reasonably price.

I have the HR upper and lowers. Very nice. You mention the rear is stock. Could you please elaborate on what axles, spline count, c clip elims and posi you are running?

I have the HR upper and lowers. Very nice. You mention the rear is stock. Could you please elaborate on what axles, spline count, c clip elims and posi you are running?

It's a stock housing fitted with Moser axles and a Eaton carrier, but what does that have to do with the bushings for the ears of the housing?

Just curious since your running a 8.5 in the 9s...

It's a stock housing fitted with Moser axles and a Eaton carrier, but what does that have to do with the bushings for the ears of the housing?
Just curious since your running a 8.5 in the 9s...
Same thing with my rear. Same combo, similar times. However, I must admit they were soft launches and I don't go to the track often.
Thank God it's still holding up strong for street use. Because I don't feel like fixing anything right now.

So have either of you gone to 30 spline axles? I'm looking at the Strange Engineering Hybrid axle and c clip eliminator set in 28 spline, a step up from the Moser stock replacements I have now. My Eaton posi is in great shape so I'm looking to save that piece.

So have either of you gone to 30 spline axles? I'm looking at the Strange Engineering Hybrid axle and c clip eliminator set in 28 spline, a step up from the Moser stock replacements I have now. My Eaton posi is in great shape so I'm looking to save that piece.
Way back, when It was all stock, it started chattering, I did a fluid change with additive, and apparently it was too late. It was doing the old peg-leg at the track. We did a standard rebuild with Eaton Posi and and Moser 28 spline axle replacement. From then on, it has just held up and keeps going. So I never addressed it as my performance improved.

I'm no expert for sure. But at this level, I wouldn't recommend my combo. Maybe for street use. But not for a drag race on a sticky tire.

Every time I put any real power to it, I have this awful feeling that it's just going to explode. This was discussed with B. Cotton before he drove my car when we were at Cecil a few years back. Explains my ETs vs. MPHs. Soft launches.

As I always do, I drove it there and planned to drive it home.

Mike, you out there? How about you? Are you confident?

I have no plan to run in the 9s but I do need to address the c clip eliminators. I normally get 1.5 60s.

No disrespect guys, but I want to keep this thread on the bushings and hear feedback on what people are using. I don't want this thread to turn into rear end components in a stock housing and how they hold up. Start another thread and I will be more then happy to chime in.

No disrespect guys, but I want to keep this thread on the bushings and hear feedback on what people are using. I don't want this thread to turn into rear end components in a stock housing and how they hold up. Start another thread and I will be more then happy to chime in.
Ive used poly in the rear housing ends with no issue. Give Rick at Metco motorsports a call he has done the research on the poly bushings and has answers for poly or for harder launching race cars he has other options.

Do you have to keep the poly type bushings greased?

I did some poly crap on my bronco in the 80s and will never again on any vehicle.

Nice ride = rubber
Performance = delrin or nyliner

I'm just looking the the best option for driveablity. Don't care about the qtr mile aspect as it is not a race car. I just want to put the best option for a street car with comfort/noise being my primary concern.

You'll be shocked when you see how flimsy the upper arms are. My HRs have never made any noise.

You'll be shocked when you see how flimsy the upper arms are. My HRs have never made any noise.

Very true!! When I replaced them years ago for adjustable uppers I could see the flex I can get out of it just by contorting it with my bare hands.