what is needed to drop a turbo 3.8 in a camaro

For future reference, I dont think you can get ahold of Steve K. I spoke with Johnny Hunkins about getting ahold of this dude and Johnny told me that he had kidney problems and didnt want to be found.

:(

Fabrication is the answer.

Reason Im replying is I was doing a search and found this thread. Helpful info for anyone wondering.

Guido nice to see you around.You are right about Steve.I have talked to him twice in the last 3 months and he told me he has been staying away from the game because of his health problems.No way to know when he will resume his fabrication.:)

Here is my 2 cents on this subject. I would love to put a turbo V6 in a TA body for two small reasons.
1. You can have the best of both worlds. Massive torque and very good handling.
2. I am a Buick fan and have been since 85, I love the fact that our little V6s kick butt on most everything else on the street, relatively speaking.

I know the LT1s and LS1s can make some great power and people are still tinkering with them to get the most out of them.

I would look at two things before I undertake this project.
First, cost. Work both of them up and you may find it cheaper use the V8. Prices on LT1 parts and ECMs are cheaper.

Then there is practicality. A V6 is much easier to fit than a V8 is.

If it were me, I would do the V6 because I am much more familiar with that motor and trans.

Good luck

I have actually started the swap. It is going into my 93 Camaro. I had a rebuilt LT-1 in it before that made 471 RWHP and 618 RWTQ.

I am doing this swap because:
#1 I love the power potential out of these little motors
#2 Like said above the best of both worlds
#3 I wanted to do something different in my home town. Nobody has even heard of this being done before where I live so my car would be rare.

Plus I like saying you just got smoked by a V6;)

Glad I found this thread. Hopefully people will jump back into it now. I HAVE LOCATED a 33000 mile engine, trans and all accesories and wiring with ECM out of a GN for 1200.00. I am a used auto parts salesman and I have connections most people dont. So driveline is taken care of. I havent bought it yet, but thats only because I still have questions. I have a LT1 in my 94 ragtop, and yes you can mod the crap out of them, stroke them and put a SC or a big shot of nitrous on them. It has all been done. I have even seen a TT version of the LT1 and it was badass. But not what I want.

My car is due for the engine now. I have gone through the whole car since I bought it. From end to end, complete suspension, rear end..etc... Only thing left is the motor. I was looking at a 383 stoker setup, and the total cost is going to run 5000 or better. So the idea of a GN or TTA setup is not to far off from a total buildup of a LT1. The weight of a TTA is around 3350 pounds, where my car runs around 3800. Not that much of a difference. As for fabrication, I dont have a problem there, I have the shop and if you want I can write my name with a welder. This swap dosent scare me. My problem is the little things. I can have the current exhaust rebent to match up to the V6. That would be cool, as I already have a 3 inch setup. I would have a complete wiring setup so that wouldnt be a problem, except for the speedo. If anyone has a idea on how to make that work, please speak up.

The rear end is another thought. I am sure I could figure out a way to make the 7.5 in my 94 Z work, but thye suck for strength. What were used in the TTA's? Does anyone have any pictures of the rear end setup so I can see what they did differently? The shifter would be different, but I think I can make a 3rd gen console and shifter work. That would be very cool.

Where I work we have a radiator shop that makes custom radiators. I am sure I can figure out a way to get the cooling done right. But I dont want to give up the AC. It is cool as hell to see some sweet car in the staging lane and see the puddle under it because he is running AC. Then they go out and pull off a mid 11 sec run. I need some pictures of the ac setup if anybody has them. I dont think I have left anything out, and I apoligize if I stepped on toes by using someone elses thread. But it sounds like this is info we could both use.

Q