What injector and fuel pump size?

Murdock

I currently have 55lb Low Z injectors and a Walboro 255 fuel pump. I have a set up that will support bottom 10's provided the driver does not run out of talent. I also run an alkycontrol methanol kit soon to be upgraded to the dual nozzle set up. I was thinking of going with a 75lb injector and bigger pump or do you think this may be over kill?? What are your thoughts guys or setup combo's?

When you get into larger volumes the return line has been known to become a restriction. This leads to not being able to control fuel pressure for some.
How fast has the car gone at the track. Do you have scanmaster or powerlogger numbers? This might tell whether it needs more fuel.

I have a scanmaster and powerlogger but no numbers yet. I was just being proactive so I can order what I need for the future. My car did 11:50 @ 119mph last time I was at the track and with my stock internal motor. Now it is the combo in my sig but I will be installing my HP67BB turbo very soon since it is on the shelf screaming for me to install it. When I ran that time I was using 42lb injectors and old stock internal setup.

With the quest for speed never being satisfied, MORE, seems to be safer when it comes to fueling. How close to the bottom 10's/high 9's do you intend to run? I would think those 55's would have you too close to the end of your chain even w/the addition of the alchy. We're very familiar w/what happens when things go lean! lol!

I would like to get to mid to bottom 10's. Would I be ok to get a set of 75lb injectors with my setup. Is there such a thing as too much injector? This coming winter I will be installing my GN1's with ported intake and a roller cam like a 210/212.

What are your injector duty cycles telling you? If you dial up the boost and IDC approaches 95-100%, then you need more injector/pump. If not, stay with what you got.