What has been your least favorite job on the Buick?

broke

broke
I have to say mine was changing the control arm bushings in the axle housing. It was about as much fun as a big sneeze in the middle of a long piss. Would love to hear some of your stories on this topic. And i am still not sure of the results since i havent driven it yet. Dirty, bleeding, and needed a beer so i decided to wait till tomorrow or sunday for the test drive.

So far it's been pulling the frame out to replace it.:( Car started out as a simple thing and it's balloned to a full frame off because of rust issues.:mad:

I don't think it is the car that tends to balloon into something more than intended. I think it is the addictive personalities of the people who are attracted to them. When I bought the car I was going to keep it stock. Now I constantly am thinking of what is am going to change next.

My least favorite job I have had to do to the car was remove the stupidity of the previous owner. Screwed up wiring and vac lines just stupidity in general.

This is going to be a LONG thread!! haha.
I would have to say, ummm EVERYTHING!! haha. But really, engine wiring harness, putting trunk tension rods in, paying for it.

Kneeling, Begging and Pleading for Baby to start, only to have her say to me "Suck My Tail Pipes".........

My only complaint with the turbo buicks is the engineers seem to have made everything an afterthought. You always have to take something irrelevant off to what you want to work on. No forethought or communication between engineering departments. My 95 Cadillac LT-1 Fleetwood is the same way. All the room in the world under the hoods but everything piled on top of everything else. With a little practice and experience diagnostics are easy enough though.

The easiest car I own to work on is my 67 Cadillac. Change the heater or A/C core in 15 minutes. All the vacuum servos and hoses are under the hood on the firewall. Alternator, starter, water pump, fuel pump, radiator a breeze and the distributor up front like my Stage 1.

Lastly, I have never been stranded by a points distributor car except for two starter failures from 1968-1989 (1989, first year I owned and electronic ignition car). Electronic cars stranded me way, way too often. There just is no warning except screw you dude I quit.

Mikey

I don't think it is the car that tends to balloon into something more than intended. I think it is the addictive personalities of the people who are attracted to them. When I bought the car I was going to keep it stock. Now I constantly am thinking of what is am going to change next.

My least favorite job I have had to do to the car was remove the stupidity of the previous owner. Screwed up wiring and vac lines just stupidity in general.
This is all too true!!!!!
#6 spark plug, mainly getting the wire back on all of the way. Now with the heater box removed, it is easy. Everything on my car is pretty easy. Now my friends' cars with SLIC's and heater boxes are a PITA. I always let them know when working on their cars.

Removing the passenger side valve cover and changing that last F'n valve spring!!!:mad: Damn thing took longer then all the others combined.

I didn't particularly enjoy doing a rear main seal and timing chain at the same time. This has been my biggest job/ pita project thus far. I would rather change engines, trannys or rears rather than do that again!

My biggest gripe on these things is that some of the stuff is in metric and some is in standard. Honestly, I don't care which one you do, but just pick one.:eek:

Mike Barnard

Literally the biggest job which was a pain. Putting my rear in the back of the truck by myself and then after I had it media blasted taking it off the truck bymyself. Getting it on my stand to paint it. I borrowed the tool for doing the rear bushings in the ears made them soo easy. Thank god I had help getting it back on the car and bolted up.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120819_201746.png
    ForumRunner_20120819_201746.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 77
  • ForumRunner_20120819_201759.png
    ForumRunner_20120819_201759.png
    408.7 KB · Views: 103
To get my rear-end bushings out, I used a pulley puller, a piece of aluminium, and heat. Pulled right out, pretty easily. Go work out some TrickSix :p

Kidding
Nix

Literally the biggest job which was a pain. Putting my rear in the back of the truck by myself and then after I had it media blasted taking it off the truck bymyself. Getting it on my stand to paint it. I borrowed the tool for doing the rear bushings in the ears made them soo easy. Thank god I had help getting it back on the car and bolted up.

I love your "stand"!

"Clark, if you don't mind I'd like to take this here chair and try to fumigate it, it's a good quality item. If you don't mind my askin', how much did she set you back?":D

I love your "stand"!

"Clark, if you don't mind I'd like to take this here chair and to try to fumigate it, it's a good quality item. If you don't mind my askin', how much did she set you back?":D

It's all yours Eddie!!!

Yeah that an example of what not to do. Funny thing is that POS held up and did the job. It was going in the trash any how.

I have to say mine was changing the control arm bushings in the axle housing. It was about as much fun as a big sneeze in the middle of a long piss. Would love to hear some of your stories on this topic. And i am still not sure of the results since i havent driven it yet. Dirty, bleeding, and needed a beer so i decided to wait till tomorrow or sunday for the test drive.
Changing the pan gasket on a girdled engine while the engine is still in the car. On jack stands. Wasn't fun, but it was sucsessful

I never could get the dash cluster all the way out to lube the speedo cable. The wires for the tach were loomed in to some clip at the back of the dash that I couldn't reach. So I worked it over to the side and did it with the cluster just kinda sitting there. I refer to that job as "the clusterf#*k" . If I ever have to remove it completely I'm cutting the wires to that worthless tach.

Sanding and polishing my own intake and intercooler piping was also a pain in the ass. But I kinda brought that on myself, it didn't NEED to be done.

Installing the Heater Box with out taking out the fender or the fender well:eek:

Prasad

I never could get the dash cluster all the way out to lube the speedo cable. The wires for the tach were loomed in to some clip at the back of the dash that I couldn't reach. So I worked it over to the side and did it with the cluster just kinda sitting there. I refer to that job as "the clusterf#*k" . If I ever have to remove it completely I'm cutting the wires to that worthless tach.

Sanding and polishing my own intake and intercooler piping was also a pain in the ass. But I kinda brought that on myself, it didn't NEED to be done.
Yep next time i have to do that i will buy a better radio so i cant hear the speedo.