what happened to the one piece bumper 's?

Rdrage

As title asked? what happen to the one piece fiberglass bumpers that was in the works two months ago.
the thread was deleted ? no more talks about it ?

As title asked? what happen to the one piece fiberglass bumpers that was in the works two months ago.
the thread was deleted ? no more talks about it ?
Claude and I raised some questions/concerns about these. And later we expected to here some updates. I believe Claude was having his car painted this winter. Too bad development seems to be taking longer than expected. Or has it been canceled?

Sure would like to know
As I was interested in both front and rear assemblies
Tryin to shake some weight?
Maybe Scott at GNS knows

Guy's

Sorry for the lack of being here to see these posts and reply properly but the project was temporarily put on hold due to quality once Ross got to test fitting the pieces. He called me and told me to take down the thread so I did that and I refunded the people's money who were waiting on them. Ross still wants to follow through with these and right now he has contacted another more reputable company and we won't be posting anything until the fitment process is completed and approved by all of us involved, Then we will be ready to post them again.

It's good to see vendors go above and beyond.

This is how it's supposed to be done.

D

After much discussion on this subject, I think I'll go out on a limb and speak for the board members.

We now understand that this is a considerably difficult product to produce and the effort you are making to do it right is strongly appreciated.

Last edited:
Scott,
I think this thing is a neat idea. Thanks for attempting a high risk deal like this one. To do it nice will require lots of hours. Hundreds. Let me know if you need a set of my bumper fillers to build off of. I can make you a set extra thick as the plug. If you don't do this thing, everyone will be bugging the crap out of me to do it. :D I've got my plate full right now with my header panel project and other stuff. Let me know if I can help.

Mike Barnard

Scott,
I think this thing is a neat idea. Thanks for attempting a high risk deal like this one. To do it nice will require lots of hours. Hundreds. Let me know if you need a set of my bumper fillers to build off of. I can make you a set extra thick as the plug. If you don't do this thing, everyone will be bugging the crap out of me to do it. :D I've got my plate full right now with my header panel project and other stuff. Let me know if I can help.

Mike Barnard
Thanks Mike! I will get with Ross and let you know.....

So, T-CHRGD thinks my post was dumb.
Maybe if Gbodys was making these I'd get a like.

Fuck Off!

D

Fuck Off!

D
Not saying this is what happened Evil but on my tablet that Dumb rating is pretty close to the side. If you are scrolling down, it could be hit accidentally. Only reason I think this is even a possibility here is that I think everyone would agree, most of our vendors are pretty awesome.

Fuck Off!

D
Oh boy! Thems a shoot'n words! :punch:

Seriously, I think that he may have made a mistake. On the smart phones it is also easily tapped by mistake.

I've had it happen to me a couple times. And the Old clock. I know it all must have been by mistake though as I'm sure none of posts are dumb. :LOL::ROFLMAO::whistle:

Autocraft made some one piece bumper / fillers back in the early '90's. They looked a lot like the Cutlass'. They were regular smooth bumpers, no bumperettes or rubber strips and could mount any type of air dam to the bottom. I knew a guy that had them on an '81 or '82 455 Stage1 powered regal.
It would be nice if we could get a hold of those molds. It seems like they sold for $400-450 an end back in the day.
It looks like I should have bought a couple hundred sets. Lol
I will have to see if I still have the literature and post some pics.

Even IF the molds were still around they would be junk by now and have to be remade anyways, We will be seeing Mike in NC and will discuss further on making these properly.

Fillers, bumper and air dams- all 1 piece. Been talked about for years though. Looked as though this time they'd be accomplished but again petered out.

A fellow at Richard Clarks show in 09 had a set on his car. Shaved door handles and trailer hitch to tow his sailboat all over the country. Cool looking! Scot W do you recall this car. Think the guy from Chicago ??

Fillers, bumper and air dams- all 1 piece. Been talked about for years though. Looked as though this time they'd be accomplished but again petered out.
No air dams, please! I think it should be exactly like the first pic of the other thread. Jim D's car. I'll re-post pics later.

But that's just for me (and maybe a few others). Who really knows what the masses will like. Either way, I'm glad someone thinks we are worth the effort.