What Happened To Our Website

TurboTJT

What happened to our website ?

It was down for days & everthing posted after Oct 18, 2019 is missing !

there was a fire in the control room which houses the router and servers

All these dam pop up s and ads have ruined this site. I’m sure if it’s money a lot of us will pay a membership fee. I can’t even get on here. It’s all messed up

I
All these dam pop up s and ads have ruined this site. I’m sure if it’s money a lot of us will pay a membership fee. I can’t even get on here. It’s all messed up
Just get an ad blocker if it’s that bad. Never had a problem after installing one

I'm sure Shane and Co. are diligently working on the issues, trying to resolve them.

They just got the site back up, be patient and give them some time to make repairs.

I bet hitlery's IT people could help with this. Oh wait, they'd wipe the whole kitten caboodle. :unsure:

Kept getting a message it was bad on my end of the system. Sure would be a shame to lose this site, where would you go. Many won't do the fakebook.

I'm just glad it's back up. We're lucky to have a website this nice. It takes a ton of work to make and keep a good website up. i've been helping a friend with some of his classic cars and I can't find anything this well done.

I was going through serious withdrawal BTW.

I had thought when the site went down that our IT folks here at my office had finally blocked me from getting on this site since I'm logged into it all day when I'm at work. Glad the site is back up.

So the last 2 months is gone for good? or in the phantom zone somewhere? sucks for the parts section.

To make a long story short, they had our backups on the same network that went down. That was unacceptable. Thankfully we had another hard copied saved at another site. Obviously this was worst case scenario, we are learning from the lesson and will be searching a new data center as we get things back to normal. It will take a while to get everything back to par please bare with us!

Mike E had recently found a problem that brought back thousands of pages. The available pages are limited in number again.
Would the missing pages/threads have been copied in October too?

any idea if the broken pictures or picture links will be capable of being salvaged or not? Looking up older threads or the stickies on "how-to-do" are always helpful, however with broken pic links, makes some of these harder to follow or understand.
Kudos to all working diligently to salvage as much of the website and it's content - keep it up!
-B

any idea if the broken pictures or picture links will be capable of being salvaged or not? Looking up older threads or the stickies on "how-to-do" are always helpful, however with broken pic links, makes some of these harder to follow or understand.
Kudos to all working diligently to salvage as much of the website and it's content - keep it up!
-B
the archive copy that Mike E had separately stored stripped out all the pictures and attachments so as to reduce the archive file size. Mike E had this backup archive on his own. If he did not have that backup, there would be nothing to restore - the forum would begin from scratch.

20 years of pictures and attachments from all the restored threads from that archive are gone. I asked Mike E in this other thread about members being granted access to edit those how to's and sticky's and other tech threads for the purpose of re-uploading images and attachments. Members can help restore some of this forum's 20 year history if we, as members, are allowed to. who knows. see post #11 and Mike's reply in link below.

https://turbobuick.com/threads/tb-update.466328/#post-3893574

the archive copy that Mike E had separately stored stripped out all the pictures and attachments so as to reduce the archive file size. Mike E had this backup archive on his own. If he did not have that backup, there would be nothing to restore - the forum would begin from scratch.

20 years of pictures and attachments from all the restored threads from that archive are gone. I asked Mike E in this other thread about members being granted access to edit those how to's and sticky's and other tech threads for the purpose of re-uploading images and attachments. Members can help restore some of this forum's 20 year history if we, as members, are allowed to. who knows. see post #11 and Mike's reply in link below.

https://turbobuick.com/threads/tb-update.466328/#post-3893574
thank you for providing the history and context to the happenings behind the scene.