what happened here....carnage pic

gn1090ss

HI TECH LOSER
trans.jpg

WOT, 25 lbs of boost. pulling strong. car caught on fire. saved the car. New motor testing for the first time. transmission had dozens of high 9 passes (5 years worth.) Front pump bolts are very loose, you can spin them out with your hand.

I hear of this happening under a few scenarios. 1 - If you run a solid trans mount with solid motor mounts, the transmission case becomes a structural member and will break. 2 - A bent driveshaft will eventually break the bell housing.
AG.

Must have been pretty scarey when it went boom. Glad car and driver will survive

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How many more dozens of the dozens of 9 sec passes was it suppose to last
Show me where in my thread that it appears that I was complaing about how many passes I got out of this? Your comment was not wanted or solicited. Tell me that my assumption of your sarcasm is wrong so we can move along.

Can it be cleaned up enough to put an sfi bell on? Phil.

Can it be cleaned up enough to put an sfi bell on? Phil.

Talking with my builder and John Plog that is a possibility. Lota good parts still in there. Going to open the rear end up tonight to see if I broke somthing in there. Trans turns without much effort.

Ultra bell, have the converter checked and the flex plate as well. Were other parts of the bell housing still tightly bolted to the block? I have seen plenty of cars (Hot Rods) work the trans bolts loose over time.

Show me where in my thread that it appears that I was complaing about how many passes I got out of this? Your comment was not wanted or solicited. Tell me that my assumption of your sarcasm is wrong so we can move along.
sorry if that offended you but point being the hits of that kind of power can take its toll on the part. snap crackle and pop:)

Ultra bell, have the converter checked and the flex plate as well. Were other parts of the bell housing still tightly bolted to the block? I have seen plenty of cars (Hot Rods) work the trans bolts loose over time.
yes,some pieces still on block. have an sfi flywheel, will get it checked as well.

Chassis flex?? Driveshaft bind up or too long?? Glad you and the car are ok, damn that could have been worse