What gauges are important to you?

Reaver

As you guys add gauges to your car what do you find are important? I'm thinking about adding a Dakota Digital VHX Instrument panel which has some of the basics like temp, voltage, and oil pressure. Was thinking A/F Ratio, Boost unless people had better suggestions.

I've never heard of that instrument panel before but I will say that it's kinda cool. Not $1010 cool, but still cool.

Below is a pic of my setup. Plus,a Caspers knock alarm is mounted below the steering column. There's one of those rail mounted FP gauges under the hood,but that's waaay off. Will be removed for safety reasons.

Here's mine built it myself with a radio hole overlay from a vender here and the console pod thingy avail thru most vendors:

gaugescl.jpg

Wallet weight, that time if the month-o-meter, beer darkness gauge, fuel.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not my setup but in a perfect world, in this order: KR (scanmaster), Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio (wideband), Fuel Pressure, Alky pressure, Oil Temp, Exhaust Pressure, Trans Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Tach, Speedometer. The SM covers a few but you have to scroll...

Fuel Pressure, Boost, WBO2 and an Audible Knock Detector..... then Coolant Temp, Oil Pressure, Alky

Oil pressure, coolant temp, fuel pressure, boost/vac, A/F, trans temp, knock. Still trying to figure out where to mount the other 3 without it looking like the cockpit from a 747!

[quote="w/o oil pressure you not going get to check the latter.[/quote]

oil pressure gauge, then the rest as mentioned above............

Scanmaster in line of sight showing air fuel and knock. Boost on the pillar mounted so 90*'s to the right is your Max boost. Water and oil in the console. They are mainly for looks!

It all depends on how much of a "Buick" guy you are. Real Turbo regal guys can tell when they have a boost, temp, or oil issue without a gauge. The feel and sound of the car changes so we know something is wrong.

I have boost and fuel pressure on a 2 gauge piller pod so I can see them at same time. Oil press and oil temp in my "GNX style" dash. The rest I read off of the scanmaster/powerlogger ( Knock, Wide band A/F, Water temp, volts etc).

It all depends on how much of a "Buick" guy you are. Real Turbo regals can tell when they have a boost, temp, or oil issue without a gauge. The feel and sound of the car changes so we know something is wrong.
Hmm.. I sense a disturbance in the force...um..Oil pressure! :D