What fuel pump?

pkschul

After sitting in the tank unused for 11 years, I've been advised to put in a new fuel pump. Been reading a lot about failures. The old pump is a Walbro that was still working the last time I started the car in 2010. What's going to be most reliable?
Also, what do I look for to tell if the old pump has been hotwired? Thanks!

I'm sure it will be a good pump. A hotwire should have a larger positive wire coming from the front of the car to the pump connector behind the rear bumper. It will be obvious. The will be a relay in the Hotwire line also at some point. The hotwire usually originates at the back of the alternator.

The pump Kirbans sells claims to "draw less current" than the stock pump. Does this mean it's not necessary to run a hotwire kit?

After sitting in the tank unused for 11 years, I've been advised to put in a new fuel pump. Been reading a lot about failures. The old pump is a Walbro that was still working the last time I started the car in 2010. What's going to be most reliable?
Also, what do I look for to tell if the old pump has been hotwired? Thanks!
Monitor fuel pressure at WOT with a gauge. If the pressure rises one pound above base pressure (line off) per every pound of boost,your pump is good.

Red Armstrong (Quad Air)The Pumps perform like he says and seem to go forever.Have one in my Gold Limited for 12 or 13 years now.

Also running a ra pump for well over a decade.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You guys just made me more confused. I went with the mystery Kirbans pump & hotwire kit. I'm sure that will be more than adequate for my car. Just looking for a cruiser... for now.

The "mystery" pump that Kirban's sells ended up being a Walbro just in case anyone else was interested to know. I bought the hotwire kit as well. Hoping to install it this weekend.