What else is out there for street tires?

Dreamn4GN

what else is out there that performs well with our cars besides drag radials? I'm not looking for a great tire. I'm looking Something that will hold me off till I can dump the 400$ into DR's. Cars tires are dry rotted and need replaced. Or will most street tires perform about the same?

If you have 15" wheels, there's not a whole lot of selection compared to 16" or larger. I have BFG T/A's but wouldn't classify them as good performers.

If you are looking for stock sizes not much left. In 235/60/15 there are only two or three tires outside of drag radicals, and they are all essentially BFG Radial TA level tires. Nothing good performance wise for a regular street tire. These are getting expensive too, I just priced a set of 235 Radial TAs from tire rack and it was close to 600 bucks. Pretty sure the last set I bought was around 400 or so but that was some years ago.

I got 235/60/15 cooper tires for my fronts cause the were dry rotted. $225 for both installed. Sidewall doesn't match my rear BFG's but BFG's were as much as drag radials so f that.

My 235/60/15 mickey Thompson st's were about $120 each from summit with free shipping. They seem like a decent tire, not much to choose from in this size as others have already said

I'm looking at the Pirelli P600. Car is trapping well over 130 now. It would be nice to have a tire actually rated for that.

I'm looking at the Pirelli P600. Car is trapping well over 130 now. It would be nice to have a tire actually rated for that.
Im nowhere near that haha. I just have 4 dry rotted tires. With plans of driving 100 plus mile trip one way in May I need some fresh rubbers.. What are those going for?

[QUOTE="Dreamn4GN, post: 349905. What are those going for?[/QUOTE]
Too much....

[QUOTE="Dreamn4GN, post: 349905. What are those going for?
Too much....[/QUOTE]
Yeah looking like I'll be grabbing some stock replacements. Trying to find a 275 without being a DR isn't worth it. 40$ more can get a set of MT.

I think a happy medium is the Nitto 555R 275/60 They are reasonably priced and you can get some miles out of them vs the MT Drag Radial. I frequently drive my car 250 miles in a day. Mostly highway. I have used the M/T Drag radials in the past on the street and they work but get chewed up like erasers and throw rocks all over the car. I do too much street driving to use them. Besides I run slicks at the track so I don't need a dual purpose tire just something that's a little better than a standard performance tire which the Nitto is.

My old set had 5000 miles on them and looked almost as good as the new set I bought. They measure 27" tall and 11" section width on a 10" rim. I believe that is a hair shorter than the M/T and maybe a bit skinnier in the section width? The Nitto's fit nice.

if you want grip for track reach deep in those pockets and get the mickeys but they dont last long and wont work well in cold or wet
nittos last but they just wont get it done at the track and they arent for cold weather driving

if you want to drive it on the cheap year round ...

fronts or all around stockish look on 7" rim
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-235-60-15-COOPER-COBRA-RADIAL-GT-60R-R15-TIRES-/310901827886?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Tires&fits=Section Width:235|Aspect Ratio:60|Rim Diameter:15&hash=item486331692e&vxp=mtr

rear 27"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-255-60-15-COOPER-COBRA-RADIAL-GT-60R-R15-TIRES-/191106186451?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Tires&fits=Section Width:255|Aspect Ratio:60|Rim Diameter:15&hash=item2c7ed0fcd3&vxp=mtr

rear 28"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-275-60-15-COOPER-COBRA-RADIAL-GT-60R-R15-TIRES-/360885323757?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Tires&fits=Section Width:275|Aspect Ratio:60|Rim Diameter:15&hash=item54067107ed&vxp=mtr

if you have to drive every day in NJ through winter forget about low cost and be more concerned about what it will cost if you slide off the road or into another car and get a second set of tires designed for winter use like the bizzak

Last edited:
I have a jeep for the snow and an acura for daily driving. So she isn't a DD , But the buick will be driven to Ocean City,Maryland in May. just need a decent tire for street use. Ill be able to dig into my pockets a little deeper next summer and be ready for the track next fall. If she's still running.
Cuda- I looked at the 555's. The are nice I was looking at getting those for the rear and something little cheaper for the fronts.
Thanks for the info fella's

I have these 26×12×15 just mounted but not used 250$ plus shipping. Just pulled off for Hoosiers while building it.

Attachments

• 1419904194817.jpg
    1419904194817.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 135