What do you prefer?

My thing is to Practice Practice Practice, because whats works for me night not work for you. If you use A safety, then practice how quick you can pull aim and off safety and shoot, or use No safety then, pull aim rack and shoot. Warning if you do practice with no safety, some good advice is to have a good leather glove, because your hands will bleed if you don't. I don't have a safety, but so far my best time is 1.2 seconds to lift my shirt, pull out my firearm rack one, aim on target and shoot. Do you have a shooting simulator, one I use is iTarget pro...You'll love it. You have a BullsEye, and you can download the QuickDraw
It would be much faster if you carried with a round in the chamber. JMO

Yeah, but with no safety, just shoot your self pulling it out when you get in a real active shooter situation

Yeah, but with no safety, just shoot your self pulling it out when you get in a real active shooter situation
Jmho, but I think there's more to go wrong without having one already chambered. Having to charge the pistol in a extremely stressful situation like that you're more likely to screw up with a short stroke or even forget to do it. Your average gunfight is 7 yards so it will all happen quick and need every nano second to come out on top.
That's what I like about a 1911 style, condition 1 and as its being drawn the thumb is sliding the safety off. Just like poetry in motion. Or even better if you have legal open carry or always wear one of those waxed duster-drover coats.

I have a moss berg tactical , want that semi , I haven't looked at guns in a while , probably a good thing LOL

*****When I carry. it's a Glock 43 with pinky extender and night sights. IWB holster. Round in chamber. For me, anything bigger is just cumbersome and makes it less likely I will bother carrying it. I've carried a nice smaller barrel Nighthawk with laser in .45 but I noticed the weight and after shooting it in defense pistol shoots, no way I would trust my life to it - it jammed... FTF, etc..repeatedly....

My cheapie Glock (1/5th the price..) is more reliable and is not as picky with ammo. There was no break in period, and I didn't have to buy special mags, etc.. It just flat out works with 9mm Silver tips, 124 gr.

well that didn't make any sense o_O
I meant if you have shot it , probably cant return it , but if you have never shot it then probably can return LOL, but who buys a gun and doesn't shoot it :p

I bought the Remington Tac-14 just last spring! Think I can trade it for the new auto-loader?
You can trade anything but it depends on how much of a beating you're willing to take. How things are now and where they might be going I'd hang on to everything you have. Might not ever be able to replace them. Why not have both, remember, "one is none, 2 is one" as the saying goes. How about feeding them, can never ever have too much right. They sure would make a nice truck gun for a GN, get one of the mounts that attach to the trunk lid. Would look more bad ass than a huge turbo, lol.

You can trade anything but it depends on how much of a beating you're willing to take. How things are now and where they might be going I'd hang on to everything you have. Might not ever be able to replace them. Why not have both, remember, "one is none, 2 is one" as the saying goes. How about feeding them, can never ever have too much right. They sure would make a nice truck gun for a GN, get one of the mounts that attach to the trunk lid. Would look more bad ass than a huge turbo, lol.
My comment about trading the Tac-14 was made in jest. A lesson learned long ago taught me to never sell or trade any of my firearms. What kind of trunk lid mount are you referring to? I've never heard of such a thing.

My comment about trading the Tac-14 was made in jest. A lesson learned long ago taught me to never sell or trade any of my firearms. What kind of trunk lid mount are you referring to? I've never heard of such a thing.
Now you're talkin. Remember the old p/u racks that all the rednecks, haha, had in the back window? Haven't seen those in years but it was something like that but attached to the trunk lid. IIrc it mounted toward the front so the weight didn't affect the lid staying open.
We all have things we wish we hadn't of gotten rid of, some of you your wives!:unsure:

Now you're talkin. Remember the old p/u racks that all the rednecks, haha, had in the back window? Haven't seen those in years but it was something like that but attached to the trunk lid. IIrc it mounted toward the front so the weight didn't affect the lid staying open.
We all have things we wish we hadn't of gotten rid of, some of you your wives!:unsure:
Interesting! Thanks!