What do you guys think of the Cup guys running Busch?

WE4

TBcom Admin /Prayers NYFD/NYPD
Just curious what you guys think of this. I have my opinion that the Cup guys should be able to run but unless they are running all the races for points, then the points system should reflect how the Busch guys finish. In other words if the 1,2 and 3 cars are Cup guys and the 4th spot is a Busch guy, then that guy who finished 4th should get the #1 points.
How do you guys feel?

Bruce
WE4
#12 Newman fan

I think it's prefectly fine how it is. Having the Cup guys run with them makes the Busch guys try harder and keeps them at the top of their game. It also helps show who the Busch drivers are that are worthy of going to the Cup series the next year. If they're hanging with all the cup guys in the race then they have some skill. Also it gives them the chance to experience the other driving styles that some of the older drivers they'll be competing with later have (i.e. Mark Martin even though he won't be running next year)

As far as points if the top 3 guys are cup guys it doesn't matter because it will just set everyone back as far as points for the race. So its just like 3rd p[lace is getting 1st but only getting 15 less points, and everyone else is getting 15 less because they're 3 spots farther back than if the cup guys ran.

Oh and if you're ever looking for some Newman apparel or anything let me know. The Busch team I used to volunteer for (we tried qualifying for Wisconsin a couple years ago and had the lap time to make it on our 2nd qualifying lap but since we were being held up in tech we qualified out of order in which they only take your first lap time then), anyways Newman was suppose to be the driver back when the team first started. However he decided to go out on his own. Since I live about 5 minutes outside of South Bend there is Newman stuff everywhere. If you're ever looking for something in particular I should be able to find it for you.

WE4 said:
Just curious what you guys think of this. I have my opinion that the Cup guys should be able to run but unless they are running all the races for points, then the points system should reflect how the Busch guys finish. In other words if the 1,2 and 3 cars are Cup guys and the 4th spot is a Busch guy, then that guy who finished 4th should get the #1 points.
How do you guys feel?

The Bush series was supposed to be a stepping stone into the Cup cars. That's why they originally were heavier, used smaller engines, and a longer (?) wheelbase. IMO, a driver should be able to do one or the other, otherwise it defeats the prupose. If they want to start another *league* fine then open it up for everyone. But, the newbies, IMO, ought to be able to race amongst themselves, and learn the ropes at a slightly reduced risk level.

bruce said:
The Bush series was supposed to be a stepping stone into the Cup cars. That's why they originally were heavier, used smaller engines, and a longer (?) wheelbase. IMO, a driver should be able to do one or the other, otherwise it defeats the prupose. If they want to start another *league* fine then open it up for everyone. But, the newbies, IMO, ought to be able to race amongst themselves, and learn the ropes at a slightly reduced risk level.

Well they should have learned the ropes pretty well by the time they reach the Busch series. I eman ARCA, ASA, Hooters Pro Cup are all great series to start with. Also many got through the truck series which is completely different then driving the cars but gives them the chance to drive with another level up and on the tracks they'll be running on in the Busch Series.

Yeah they used to run V6s in Busch and they had a much shorter wheel base than in Cup. However now they've gotten pretty equal with just like a 100 hp difference and like a couple inch difference in wheel base.

Correct

Wheelbase is shorter in Busch. Smaller Carburator in Busch. Basically same motor tho. Rear Spoiler is bigger on a Busch car.
My Mom and Dad follow the series and go to most of the races. My parents agree that Busch is a stepping stone or a lower level designed to prepare for the next league. Kinday like AAA Baseball and the Major Leagues. Do Baseball players play in both leagues. Nope.
I do agree with this theory but I also think that IF they are allowed to run Busch and Cup, then the points and money should reflect that. The way the points system is structured, it does matter where they finish.
I do beleive that the next Big Boy to come along and really as a young gun shine, is going to be Carl Edwards. He has what it takes both on and , most of all , OFF the track. The guy is one neat, great racecar driver and I think he will be a force to be reckoned with. He has proven that in a Busch Car, a Cup car, and the truck series. Roush has that knack to just find the talent. Like him or not, he is one helluva a race team and car owner. The cat in the hat has it together. Now to bring in Mc Murray, who also I think is one talented kid both on and again OFF the track, is a good move.This will show whether McMurray has talent because you KNOW he will have the equipment to do so. Friggin Newman must have an unlucky stick in the friggin car on raceday this year. He dominates qualifing then dominates the race , and some stupid gremlin comes along and wipes us out. I don't know whats up with him and that team this year.
I work for Pender Motorsports Race Team Owner Dawne Pender out of Scottsdale, Arizona the #28 car, Brian Paulis on the World of Outlaws circuit. I work with her on public relations and sponsership deals. In fact, Watch the Outdoor Channel when they run Tulare, Calistoga, Chico, and Las Vegas. www.Turbobuick.com will be on the front wing. Maybe on the top, but it will be on there. You watch.
Anyway, Brian, Casey Kahne (another kid I think has raw talent),and Ryan Newman, all are good friends. I will see Ryan at the end of next month. I will be in touch with you on some collectable stuff tho if you do not mind.

Also, I REALLY love to watch the trucks!!! They are BAD!!! Unrestricted everywhere. I wonder how they would run on a road course? But they are neat to watch man! That series is really gaining strength in the Nascar community. Those guys run HARD! Some of the best races I have seen this year have been the truck races. But that is a whole nother thread and we will get to that. I plan on spending alot of time in here in the coming weeks.
This forum is going to grow. Where are you Bob? Haven't spoken in awhile and I miss it. Get in touch when you have a minute. Call my cell.

Anyway, late going to bed.
Bruce
WE4

72firebird said:
Well they should have learned the ropes pretty well by the time they reach the Busch series. I eman ARCA, ASA, Hooters Pro Cup are all great series to start with.

They have, but there's a huge weight penalty, and the steering is just so different, at least, IMO. Going from R+P to recirulating ball, does take some getting used to, at least to me.

Personally, I liked it alot more when it was V6s, and a bit less professional, it seems like all the drivers have been to Dale Carnegie classes nowadays, and are just a little too PC.

WE4 - I completely agree with you on McMurray. I actually grew up with him and used to race RC cars with him when I was young (well really my dad raced since I was too young but my rbother and him always hung out). His whole family is a great family and very involved with racing and their son. He'll be a great spokesman and driver for Nascar as he works his way up. He has a great personallity and always trys to make things equal. When we went to Wisconsin to try to qualify right away he recognized my dad. He tried helping us and gave us some pointers on how to go through tech quicker and warned us of things they typically check. Unfortunatly since it was our first time our car was way out of spec and had to be changed.

It's funny you mention World of Outlaws. I just went to the World of Outlaws event this last weekend at Joliet. I'm going to guess that your team wasn't there since I didn't see any cars with Turbobuick.com on them.

If you work with sponsorships do you think there is anyway you could help us with getting a sponsor for our Busch car? I'm sure the owner would be willing to pay you to do some side work. He has been trying for the past couple years to find one and we have come close on many but they always seem to fall through at the last second. If you're interested you can contact me outside the board on AIM at burntofferings62. Oh and in case you're wondering the driver we had lined up (I'm not sure if he still is haven't been over there in a year or so) was Brian Ross from Hooters Pro Cup. He has been the series champ I know atleast once, and overall he's a great driver for the few races we were hoping to make the first year.

Well..

72firebird said:
It's funny you mention World of Outlaws. I just went to the World of Outlaws event this last weekend at Joliet. I'm going to guess that your team wasn't there since I didn't see any cars with Turbobuick.com on them.

If you work with sponsorships do you think there is anyway you could help us with getting a sponsor for our Busch car? I'm sure the owner would be willing to pay you to do some side work. .

I posted that during the the west coast swing, TB.com will be on the car because I will be traveling with them. They were in Joliet, just not with our logo on as I only ask Dawne to do it for the west coast swing. I just hooked her up with a new sponser and we are working out the details. As far as your team, I need to see a media package and some kind of race team plan. If you can provide these to me I will look them over and see if I can help to get involved, but I would like to see this stuff first.
Well got to get back to work.
Talk at you later.
Bruce
WE4