What do you do for a living?

I work for a GC as a commercial interoir fit-out superintendent in the northern VA/DC area. I know this is a old thread, but a good one so please keep it going ;)

I'm a retail florist. Yep I sell flowers. My dad started the store in 1956. I went full time in 1970. My youngest daughter works for me now. It's not the good old days but still pays the bills and my toys.

I don't really have any cool job.. I just quit at Starbucks. Needless to say, Ill miss the view(of the milfs).

Currently Im enrolled at HSU and will be majoring in PSYCH. My classes are women's studies(you know you love me), Philosophy,Psych,Eng, Math.

I guess I don't have a cool job right now, but in 6-9 years I will.

So Tyler, do you have a cool job yet?

Me? I'm the city electrician for a city of around 30,000 people. I maintain and improve the electrical systems for the city owned properties such as the water supply plant, water reclamation facility, library, museum, fire dept, police dept, 11 city parks w/ 8 ball diamonds and 5 tennis courts, golf course, airport and the street lights.
If that's not enough, I'm backup for the city traffic control technician when he's on vacation or just doesn't feel like answering his phone on the weekends as well.
And just so the citizens have even more things to complain about, I run a 30,000 lb. dump truck/ snow plow making sure everyone has plenty of snow in their driveways and sidewalks to ensure an ample supply for snowball fights and building snowmen to last until spring.

Don't worry, there are a group of 6 guys that I can borrow from the street dept. for help on the larger projects when needed.

Holy cow, I need a raise. Lol

I'm not really sure what I do for a living. But I'm certain it isn't anything important.

And for some unknown reason a construction company keeps making direct deposits into my account.

I work at the Mack truck assembly plant as a production tech, have done various jobs over the years but currently work in the hood line.

Dental Technician. I make gold and porcelain permanently cemented teeth. Just a 2 man lab. Been there over 34 years making my boss rich.:rolleyes:

Unix and Storage Engineer/Administrator (depends on the day if I am engineering or administering)

Strategic Account Lead, Manufacturing Vertical for AT&T and cheerleading coach for Austin Peay State University. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was employed for 32 yrs. at an office furniture company. Then I,somehow, injured my neck and had surgery. The surgeon told me not to go back to work that I would just do more damage to my spine. A month later my wife was diagnosed with lung cancer. She passed 18 months later. So, now I am a 66yr. old widower who stays home and cares for my cat. Oh, and my T.

I am the Cosmetic Reconditioning Manager for all used cars sold by Penske Auto Group in Arizona. 24 Brands represented by the company and every other brand you could possibly imagine rolls through the shop.

I can't remember how many times I have posted up "I love my job" in the lounge, but it's been a bunch. I attached one of them....

Here's just one, you guys are welcome to peruse the rest of them using the search "I love my job" posted by TurboTGuy.

I really do love my job.

https://turbobuick.com/threads/i-love-my-job.386007/

Last edited: