What crossmember are you using for your 4l80e swap?

chub406

Hey guys,
I was getting ready to order the gforce/summit crossmember. Its 270 which seemed kinda pricy. I know iceman's has been popular but concerned about the flexibility of them. Wanted to see what everyone else is using, with pics if you got em. Thanks!

Thanks! can you buy just the crossmember or do you have to get the whole kit? I went to their site but only found the kit.

86 x member mounts 003.jpg

Stock w/ the mount relocated....

Also, I made these plates to sandwich the member ends at the frame. The 1 w/ the short pieces on the ends goes inside the frame and is plug welded in place.

86 x member mounts 001.jpg

Haha true^ Its a turbo 6l build. So yes Chuck's assumption is correct. lol Single turbo outlet. ;) I want to y it off past the cross member to duels, then over the axles. Thats some really nice pieces chuck. Ill be honest, I just picked up a welder after 6 years. My welds don't look anywhere that nice. I don't know if I trust mine. I do have the stock crossmember though. You have 3 inch Chuck?

Haha true^ Its a turbo 6l build. So yes Chuck's assumption is correct. lol Single turbo outlet. ;) I want to y it off past the cross member to duels, then over the axles. Thats some really nice pieces chuck. Ill be honest, I just picked up a welder after 6 years. My welds don't look anywhere that nice. I don't know if I trust mine. I do have the stock crossmember though. You have 3 inch Chuck?

Thanks!:D
I don't have a dp done, yet. I'm considering a 4". It may be a turbo w/ 3" exit, then enlarged to 4". [The current mock up T76, has 3" out.]
I will likely just run the 4" to in ft of the rear tire, and call it good...

Just wandering if the stock style v6 exhaust will work with the BRP crossmember? Thanks for any info!

I just purchased a tubular one from Gbody and will be installing soon. I will post some pictures.

Nice. How much was it? I got the summit racing one. Best money i have spent. I could have thrown it at thecar and it would have lined up perfectly. A little pricey but worth every penny.

Hey guys,
I was getting ready to order the gforce/summit crossmember. Its 270 which seemed kinda pricy. I know iceman's has been popular but concerned about the flexibility of them. Wanted to see what everyone else is using, with pics if you got em. Thanks!
The G-Force does look good under there. That's what I used.

I used the stock one i Cut off the mount pad then rebelled it when it was attached to the Tranny mount. And I’m running the pipes 2.5” pipe kit w
that I ran with the 6. Clears everything and works perfectly.

I used the Holley 4l80e crossmember. It comes with cutouts for dual exhaust. It is the perfect pinion angle. Zero driveshaft vibrations when combined with holley’s engine mounts