What are these plugs for?

thought i knew what that plug was as ive seen it before (not on any GN )
looking at wiring diagrams im not sure of its use but if you turn high beams on that lt green wire should have power
the thing is ive never come across a GN with that connector, only on a regal limited

does the ecm have modded drivers for injectors ? your injectors 55# seimens are low ohm and require it

if its a turbotweak chip you wont get a check engine light removing the boost solenoid

I would assume it does, yes it is a turbotweak chip also.

thought i knew what that plug was as ive seen it before (not on any GN )
looking at wiring diagrams im not sure of its use but if you turn high beams on that lt green wire should have power
the thing is ive never come across a GN with that connector, only on a regal limited

Checked for power with high beams on and same, no power... I like a good mystery once in a while...

Guess it is the lone wire. I’ll find out when I rip the entire harness out and replace it

I would assume it does, yes it is a turbotweak chip also.
You know what takes motors out ?
Assumptions. If your ecm was modded whoever did it should have put something on the ecm saying it was modded . If there is nothing there and you feel like doing head gaskets when your ecm drivers start giving out just leave it how it is . I would most definitely do one of 2 things . One would be buy some 60 or 80lb injectors that are high impedance or two send your ecm to bob to get low impedance drivers installed . Sorry if this came over kinda harsh I have just seen to many guys wondering why there car is ether running like crap or why there engine melted .

You know what takes motors out ?
Assumptions. If your ecm was modded whoever did it should have put something on the ecm saying it was modded . If there is nothing there and you feel like doing head gaskets when your ecm drivers start giving out just leave it how it is . I would most definitely do one of 2 things . One would be buy some 60 or 80lb injectors that are high impedance or two send your ecm to bob to get low impedance drivers installed . Sorry if this came over kinda harsh I have just seen to many guys wondering why there car is ether running like crap or why there engine melted .

No worries, I appreciate everyone’s input as I learn about this car everyday. I’ve been through the head gasket phase and since I bought the car I’ve been replacing and upgrading pieces and parts over time as money allows. I do recall a post-it note I believe it said red Armstrong and the date if I had to guess was when it was modded. I have since put a turbo tweak chip in it. I have good afr readings cruising and WOT and I haven’t had any issues with anything melting down besides my old factory Injector harness but nevermind about that. And I am currently fixing and upgrading exhaust leaks and components, fixing leaks n such.

No worries, I appreciate everyone’s input as I learn about this car everyday. I’ve been through the head gasket phase and since I bought the car I’ve been replacing and upgrading pieces and parts over time as money allows. I do recall a post-it note I believe it said red Armstrong and the date if I had to guess was when it was modded. I have since put a turbo tweak chip in it. I have good afr readings cruising and WOT and I haven’t had any issues with anything melting down besides my old factory Injector harness but nevermind about that. And I am currently fixing and upgrading exhaust leaks and components, fixing leaks n such.
Okay the fact that your old harness melted tells me your drivers are not setup for those injectors. I’m sure you don’t want to hear that but you should look into buying some 60s and know for a fact you are g2g . Yes it will run as it is currently but your drivers in your ecm are going to burn out . Everything is always fine till a injector goes lean . Anyway I really hope you ether double check your ecm or just buy better injectors 60s or 80s . Hope it all works out for you and keep on spoolin:)

Okay the fact that your old harness melted tells me your drivers are not setup for those injectors. I’m sure you don’t want to hear that but you should look into buying some 60s and know for a fact you are g2g . Yes it will run as it is currently but your drivers in your ecm are going to burn out . Everything is always fine till a injector goes lean . Anyway I really hope you ether double check your ecm or just buy better injectors 60s or 80s . Hope it all works out for you and keep on spoolin:)

maybe i should not say "melted down" ,from what i found is the injector harness rubbed through on the old EGR valve that was still installed and must of shorted and leaned #3 cylinder, ive replaced the harness and cylinder and removed the pointless EGR and have been good since. i am currently getting some exhaust leaks fixed up and vacuum hoses and connectors replaced then its going to go to lorenz to see if he can make my stuff run good with what i have. also i am curious on what kind of numbers this thing puts down. still dont know sadly. until then i still want to know what that connector is for some odd reason. :cool:

it has 55# siemens injectors in it now.. no good? i had them flow tested when i replaced the cylinder and they all matched perfectly.

it has 55# siemens injectors in it now.. no good? i had them flow tested when i replaced the cylinder and they all matched perfectly.
Again if you are unsure and think your ecm is modded it would be wise to swap your 55s for some 60s or even better would be 80s . Basically if u buy 80s you would be set for awhile at least in the injector department . And 80s are high impedance which works with the stock ecm

Again if you are unsure and think your ecm is modded it would be wise to swap your 55s for some 60s or even better would be 80s . Basically if u buy 80s you would be set for awhile at least in the injector department . And 80s are high impedance which works with the stock ecm

I will look into that. Now what if the ecm I have is modded for the low impedance and I do the 80’s will it still be fine? My injector harness is a Casper’s unit and will that be fine also?

Yes with the low impedance mod you can run both . Just do your self a favor and take out the ecm and take some pictures of it and post it maybe someone will be able to identify it . Basically that costs you nothing versus a set of injectors.