What Are Some Fun Cars For $15K, WRX?

I was just curious as to why he didnt like them. Wasnt comparing any one vehicle to the other, just making conversation.

I hear ya. He didn't specify exactly what he wanted, but seems like sporty car is what he's after.

Now those are cool assed wagons. :)

The '06 GTO's can be had for a decent price and can be made to run like a scalded dog...........

I'll second on the 05/06 LS2 GTO as I've owned 2 of them. They don't do any one thing great but do everything pretty well except for the TINY trunk. I had an 09 G8 GT that was a good family road trip car but was almost a full second and 5-6 mph slower stone stock in the 1/4 than the GTO. I myself was looking at getting a GXP but for the price of they want for a low mileage one you can get a 2014 twin turbo 3.6 V6 CTS V Sport that will kill the GXP in every way.

Not sure why you dont like the Trailblazer SS, love mine.
I just really don't like the looks of them, never have.

Appreciate all the info everyone thanks for the replies. I decided to hold off on the WRX, I agree with BuickMike on pretty much all points and definitely would not fit in with the usual hipster Subaru crowd. I still like the cars and maybe down the road I will consider getting one again.

Haven't found anything else yet that suits my fancy...in my price range at least. I'm so dang picky is what the problem is, I only like certain cars and when they are clean they are expensive. I think an older LS Vette (2000ish) would be the smartest choice for a fun fast car around $15K but damn I cant stand a vette haha. I think for now I am just going to add a little money to this and get a nice duramax...I've lusted for one for a long time and need to replace my F250 anyway. I'm going to keep my eye out for a nice G-body or 59-60 Biscayne and do an LS swap. I'm not a fan of projects but at least that way I would have exactly what I want.

thanks again.

I did a stint in the Subaru world myself and while I loved the company and the culture, buickmike's right, they're not put together too rubustly lol. They spin bearings like it's their job and they will crack a ringland if you so much as look at them wrong. And by design they're prone to KR a little, all the time. For a side piece to sit in the garage they're really fun, but don't daily drive it or you'll break it. I've also owned german cars; STAY AWAY from those things!!! If it's within the first 5 years of it's birth fine, but there's a reason you see 30,000 mile BMW's for 13,000 dollars; because 1. they KNOW what's coming in the near future and 2. they KNOW how much it's going to cost lol. People that do this take huge baths but they would rather sell the hassle to someone else lol. Trust me on this the people that will chime in here saying "my bmw has 200,000 trouble free miles on it" are the exception not the norm. Kind of like the "trouble free" GNs you see here lol.
For 15 grand, I'd do a 4th gen Camaro without even thinking about it. A GTO wouldn't be bad either.
Myself, I went for a 2011 Lexus IS350awd and I'm happy to say it's pretty cool. Bone stock they're pretty zippy (not camaro fast of course) but there are mods now for the IS350 that make it pretty quick including a solid CAI, catless long tube headers, 2 good tunes and aftermarket enkei & OZ wheels that save 10lbs of rotating mass that when coupled together make for a pretty darn zippy car with no traction problems, and you'll have WAYYYYY more reliability than other cars here.
Though you should specify more of what you want, because I know you could get an LS Grand Prix for decent money but they're wrong wheel drive though, so no holeshots for you lol. Would you take a wrong wheel drive car?

I did a stint in the Subaru world myself and while I loved the company and the culture, buickmike's right, they're not put together too rubustly lol. They spin bearings like it's their job and they will crack a ringland if you so much as look at them wrong. And by design they're prone to KR a little, all the time. For a side piece to sit in the garage they're really fun, but don't daily drive it or you'll break it. I've also owned german cars; STAY AWAY from those things!!! If it's within the first 5 years of it's birth fine, but there's a reason you see 30,000 mile BMW's for 13,000 dollars; because 1. they KNOW what's coming in the near future and 2. they KNOW how much it's going to cost lol. People that do this take huge baths but they would rather sell the hassle to someone else lol. Trust me on this the people that will chime in here saying "my bmw has 200,000 trouble free miles on it" are the exception not the norm. Kind of like the "trouble free" GNs you see here lol.
For 15 grand, I'd do a 4th gen Camaro without even thinking about it. A GTO wouldn't be bad either.
Myself, I went for a 2011 Lexus IS350awd and I'm happy to say it's pretty cool. Bone stock they're pretty zippy (not camaro fast of course) but there are mods now for the IS350 that make it pretty quick including a solid CAI, catless long tube headers, 2 good tunes and aftermarket enkei & OZ wheels that save 10lbs of rotating mass that when coupled together make for a pretty darn zippy car with no traction problems, and you'll have WAYYYYY more reliability than other cars here.
Though you should specify more of what you want, because I know you could get an LS Grand Prix for decent money but they're wrong wheel drive though, so no holeshots for you lol. Would you take a wrong wheel drive car?

No I'm not into FWD cars for the most part, I think for now I will hold off and just keep my eye open for a LS swap candidate, probably a clean G-body. Newer cars just don't really do it for me even though I know it is probably the smartest road to take. I was thinking a WRX would be the way to go but its hard to find a clean one that hasn't been raped since day 1 and I don't like what I'm reading about them as far as reliability goes.

I was all amped up on a whim ready to buy something but I'm just too dang picky I guess. My GN burned me so bad it turned me into a timid little b*tch haha.

Every car has quicks. I really think Turbo Buicks are some of the most quirky cars ever built though. When you break down everything, they are honestly a total mess. It literally took me almost 19 years to get the bugs worked out of mine. Just the electrical system is a mess. Connectors are all old and corroded. Replacement chinese sensors are nowhere near as reliable as the OEMs that are discontinued. Lots of relays hanging off both fenders. 70's V6 with incorrectly aligned #3 exhaust lifter bore that wears out the cam prematurely. Sloppy 70's frame and suspension geometry that went back to what they had pre 1965. Horrible frameless windows.....you get the point. If these cars were not stupid fast, they would all have been junked. Hmm, the WRX does not sound so bad now.

Every car has quicks. I really think Turbo Buicks are some of the most quirky cars ever built though. When you break down everything, they are honestly a total mess. It literally took me almost 19 years to get the bugs worked out of mine. Just the electrical system is a mess. Connectors are all old and corroded. Replacement chinese sensors are nowhere near as reliable as the OEMs that are discontinued. Lots of relays hanging off both fenders. 70's V6 with incorrectly aligned #3 exhaust lifter bore that wears out the cam prematurely. Sloppy 70's frame and suspension geometry that went back to what they had pre 1965. Horrible frameless windows.....you get the point. If these cars were not stupid fast, they would all have been junked. Hmm, the WRX does not sound so bad now.

Man my 87 GN was a nightmare. I admit that some of it was my fault due to ignorance but all I will say is I will never own another one. My dad drove G-bodies when I was growing up and cant help but to like them so I think it would be cool to find a clean monte SS and do an ls swap.

I was looking for something that I could cruise around in comfortably that would still haul ass when I wanted but their just aren't a lot of cars like that...that I like at least. Lots of LS vettes and Camaros that can be had cheap but I just don't care for them at all.

My GN just got a fresh motor and transmission. It was done last summer and the car looks nice and is powerful as hell, but that is it. It squeaks horribly, the suspension is pure crap and it handles like a boat. I'm sure I could fix the squeaks and suspension, probably related, but I don't have the money to spend to do it. Therefore it has turned me off to driving it. I invested a lot of money in the car and after driving it this spring for the first time, I'm like what a piece of crap aside from the brute power. I guess this is what happens when a car gets 32 years old.

My GN just got a fresh motor and transmission. It was done last summer and the car looks nice and is powerful as hell, but that is it. It squeaks horribly, the suspension is pure crap and it handles like a boat. I'm sure I could fix the squeaks and suspension, probably related, but I don't have the money to spend to do it. Therefore it has turned me off to driving it. I invested a lot of money in the car and after driving it this spring for the first time, I'm like what a piece of crap aside from the brute power. I guess this is what happens when a car gets 32 years old.

I agree but that's just how it is with just about any older car. My father in law just did a $100k frame off on a 69 roadrunner. He swapped the drivetrain out of a wrecked srt-8 charger and upgraded literally everything, body mounts, brakes, suspension, rack and pinion steering, double coating the inside and outside of the floors with sound deadening material etc...The car still squeaks in several places and is loud as hell. He built it to do the power tour and It drives him crazy but it is what it is. The old saying "cant have your cake and eat it to" comes to mind. By the classic for the badass classic feel and the new CTS-V for the yuppy luxury power feel (no disrespect I like em too but newer cars ARE tasteless yuppy mobiles).