What a little tuning can do !!

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I went to BG this year for the first time and had a blast !! I also got a chance to try and get my car dialed in , in the 1/4 . This is the results from the first 5 runs right off the trailer in the heat and humidity of BG with tuning in between each run . Each run was reviewed with Power logger and the main tuning changes were to the 1 - 2 gear and 3 - 4 gear timing . The timing was very conservative @ 17* 1 - 2 and 15* 3 - 4 with zero knock . After each run A/F was checked and was already set to a conservative 10.8 . Each consecutive run we increased timing , checked for knock , A/F , fuel pressure , rpm shift points . We finished at 21* 1-2 & 20* 3-4 with AF @ 10.9 and zero knock . Boost was at 29-30 psi for all runs . It looks like 9.9999 might not be out of reach !!

DSCN0583.JPG

I went to BG this year for the first time and had a blast !! I also got a chance to try and get my car dialed in , in the 1/4 . This is the results from the first 5 runs right off the trailer in the heat and humidity of BG with tuning in between each run . Each run was reviewed with Power logger and the main tuning changes were to the 1 - 2 gear and 3 - 4 gear timing . The timing was very conservative @ 17* 1 - 2 and 15* 3 - 4 with zero knock . After each run A/F was checked and was already set to a conservative 10.8 . Each consecutive run we increased timing , checked for knock , A/F , fuel pressure , rpm shift points . We finished at 21* 1-2 & 20* 3-4 with AF @ 10.9 and zero knock . Boost was at 29-30 psi for all runs . It looks like 9.9999 might not be out of reach !!

View attachment 309525

Hey, nicely done

Your times improved because of your 60 foots got better. Congrats on the times dont get me wrong. But you added 5deg of timing and didn't even pick up 1mph.

Don't see a 9.99999 happening with the current setup

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry to say but you need more mph to hit high 9's, you need between 5 to 10 mph for 9's depending on your 60'. You did well with 10.30s congrats.

I dynoed this car in NC. Iirc the base timing was off a little so we subtracted from the table instead of changing the offset. We added 2 degrees of timing and picked up zero so we retreated. I also remember driving through the converter as it was. Low 110's at 5800rpm that day iirc. I'd expect to see 130ish at 5800rpm if the converter was able to couple the hit. If it were me I'd go right to the converter. An 18 blade at current power or a 17 blade if you want to ring it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MPH is indicative of HP. You picked up on the 60 foot. Sound advice from Bison.

If he had that info I dont know why he would up timing as it reflects what your saying in his time slips. Put it back the way you started and change converters.

I dynoed this car in NC. Iirc the base timing was off a little so we subtracted from the table instead of changing the offset. We added 2 degrees of timing and picked up zero so we retreated. I also remember driving through the converter as it was. Low 110's at 5800rpm that day iirc. I'd expect to see 130ish at 5800rpm if the converter was able to couple the hit. If it were me I'd go right to the converter. An 18 blade at current power or a 17 blade if you want to ring it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We pulled some timing because we had a little knock at about 26psi and then went away as boost went up . You thought it might be false but we stayed safe with the timing . It turned out to be false knock , as it went away after going through everything that might cause it and now it's gone completely . I want to thank you for keeping it safe and not just going for it to get big dyno numbers . Sam

View attachment 309525
1.44 60ft@10.3 129 what is the weight?

Looking at the slip car is making 25mph which a 10sec car should depending on the weight of the car

3670 lbs with driver
That's good back half mph.if it were me I would get it good air and see what it does.3700lbs with a 1.4460ft and 10.3 with 30psi and 20degrees of timing and bad air.you will go a little faster in good air and a lot faster with more boost I know for sure the turbo has plenty more

I was thinking of going to the track Friday night to do some shock adjustments and run in much better air than what we had on a hot & humid Bowling Green afternoon.

What's the price of a PTC these days

Last edited: