West Coast Nationals in Last Vegas report.

I didn't bring my car unfortunately but I still had a good time...as always...I agree about the comments regarding the GS guys...I like to see them at the event...I sway towards the GN's/TR's but I like to see other cars race also...I should be bringing my car next year and would welcome other cars to participate...such as Supras...Olds...Pontiacs..etc...the only exception would be the Pro Mod type cars...my only complaint was watching those Pro Mod dragsters run on Saturday night...they are fast and fun to watch...but after about 4 or 5 of them I'd had enough and wanted to see the Buicks or actually anything else run...those dragsters seemed to go on forever...if I want to see those type of cars I'll go to an NHRA event and see the top fuelers run...if we could rent the track next year and keep those Pro Mod type of cars out I think it would be much better...JMO

MSDGN said:
I didn't bring my car unfortunately but I still had a good time...as always...I agree about the comments regarding the GS guys...I like to see them at the event...I sway towards the GN's/TR's but I like to see other cars race also...I should be bringing my car next year and would welcome other cars to participate...such as Supras...Olds...Pontiacs..etc...the only exception would be the Pro Mod type cars...my only complaint was watching those Pro Mod dragsters run on Saturday night...they are fast and fun to watch...but after about 4 or 5 of them I'd had enough and wanted to see the Buicks or actually anything else run...those dragsters seemed to go on forever...if I want to see those type of cars I'll go to an NHRA event and see the top fuelers run...if we could rent the track next year and keep those Pro Mod type of cars out I think it would be much better...JMO

Yup!

MSDGN said:

My sentiments exactly. I think it should be paramount that those cars (or any racing class like that) do not have any type of event during the same weekend as the West Coast Nats. It wasn't as big of a deal given that only about a quarter of the Buicks attended this year, but it was annoying nonetheless.

Secondly, I have been given the dubious honor of trying to parlay the Syclone/Typhoon community into next year's event. A ton of owners have shown interest, but without any type of "official" inclusion I'm sure that a lot of potential attendees aren't going to make concrete plans to be there next year. I guess I need to know who I need to get in touch with to make this happen.

I look forward to WCN 2006... If all works out it should more than make up for this year's mediocrity.

they are officially invited and always have been. here are the rules from the websight

* All racers should choose a bracket class (or several, if desired). During the race, turbo'd cars will run as group 1 (GN's, TTA's, Syclones, Typhoons...anything with a turbo), and all other cars will run as group 2 (F-Bodies, B-Bodies, V8 Buicks...normally aspirated or supercharged)
* Only register for "Test & Tune Only" if you're not participating in any other class
* You can register for more than one class
* Payouts will be determined during the event.
* This event is open to all cars, but is mostly for Buicks, Pontiac F-Bodies, B-Bodies and turbo'd domestics.
* Cars will be teched according to NHRA rules.
* Any car (street or race) can run in a bracket class, but heads-up classes require a street legal car.
* Costs do not include track fees, which are ~$20 per day.
* Event entry costs at the gate are $30 per class. If we haven't received your payment at least 2 weeks before the event, you will be charged at the gate-entry cost instead
* Classes are subject to change.
* No electronic devices like delay boxes, etc. Monitoring equipment is fine.
* If you would like to reserve T-Shirts and Sweatshirts ahead of time, use the registration form.

How much money was collected from the sales of raffle tickets? :rolleyes: