West Coast Nationals at Las Vegas

West Coast Nationals

Jon/Craig/Jack..

I can understand our not having the numbers to rent exclusive use of the track. I just hate to these this fine event that you guys have worked so hard on lose it's Buick identity. I'm not talking about sharing the track with other car groups. Who cares, they do their thing, we do ours. I'm talking about our group, the West Coast Nationals now being open to corvettes, impalas, F-bodies, etc. While we never expected to compete with Bowling Green, many of us who can't take the time off to attend the Nationals saw this as the western mini-counterpart to the big event in Kentucky.

Whatever you guys decide to do, your hard work on putting together this event is recognized and appreciated. I for one am registerd and looking forward to it. The very least this event means is the opportunity to get together with a great bunch of Buick guys in the fun capital of the country.

Jack, it will be the same....Buicks race buicks....any other cars that want to race with us will race other like cars.Its a secret but vettes really are not part of us...but hey if a zo6 wants to race with us..(probably with f odies in eliminations ) thats fine too.

So where are all the AZ people hiding?

all of us AZ folks (with any sense at all) are currently in San Diego for the summer!

I am a little concerned about what the car counts might be....I understand the Supras bring a BUNCH of people...it would not be good to spend all day at the track and get 3 passes in?

I do appreciate and applaud your efforts for us left coast guys!

I've always been a firm believer in "lay all your cards on the table"
So here, you can see the Supras In Vegas count
which currently shows 56 drag racing, and their early registration ends July 15th. At this point, that's not exactly choking us out of track time, is it?

We have more and more Buick attendees each year we do this event. If you want it to continue, participate!

When I first got to know local Buick guys, Jon, Dan, etc. several of us enjoyed going to the Pomona street legal drags. (I never raced, since I always broke my car en route, or just days before). Not one of us ever commented about all the other cars being a hinderance. Instead, the Buicks were given a lane, and had a blast racing. Have fun with the opportunity that you've been given!

Jack, Jon,
If I'm not mistaken, Isnt that day just a regular test-n-tune day besides the Buick, Supra, Fbodies, Vettes, BMW's, Miatas, Austin Healy, and Corolla brackets? If so, the car count could be large.

Friday is, but as in years past.....for those that have attended, it was then also....it just seems that not many people feel like racing there 14 and slower cars with faster cars....(I d like to point your attention to last years mustangs, that made only a few passes..)

If anyone has reservations about the car count, please don t come. I m sure anyone can go to there local track , rent it privately and have a blast having the track to themselves all day.

Hopefully so many cars will show up that it becomes a huge mess, and not one person gets to go down the track.....yea that will probably happen.........they only had 900 cars at the divisional........I wonder how many we'll get.....2000? 3000? I can only hope for the sake of T shirts.....

I think midnight mayhem has taken away alot of t-n-t people

The last t-n-t I went to there were maybe 25-40 cars and that was when it was cool out I dont think we will have any problems
with the buick event!
Its friday night at midnight mayhem that will be crazy!

Just my thought on the subject

Hey Paul !! Good to hear from you. Did you go to Oregon, if so how did you do? I've got a sticker for you ("pull off") Just havent been able to hook up to get it to you. I ran a .69 couple of weeks ago, still trying to get the tuneup right.

Originally posted by 1320

The hotel will probably be Main Street agian, but do not call yet! We do not have it finalized. We hopefully will by the end of the week, june 27th....

I see the Silverton Hotel listed on the WC Nationals page. Is that to be the "Official" hotel for the event? Is Main Street Station out?

Will we have secured parking at the Silverton?

Thanks again to all you guys for inviting the "other" (V8) Buicks. We had a real blast last year and expect it will be even better this year. I think we'll have more and faster V8s this year.

Thinking about going to the WC nats. Is it like Bowling green, with a swap meet?

New Pictures & Videos from the West Coast Nationals in LV, "CHECK IT OUT"

If you have not got your fill on the West Coast Nationals in LV October 3 & 4. Well I have got a ton of Pictures and Videos my son and I just posted on our club site at http://www.bgnra.org So go check it out with over 35 total videos (15 NEW ONE alone for the event in LV, I think you will enjoy them.

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA
hurstbuick@aol.com http:[url]www.bgnra.org[/URL] hurstbuick@aol.com