Welp New personal best ET 6.93

gtfrede

Designated LSX Hater
With a 1.90 60' spinning it's ass off ....had a money race with a built 400 sbc nitrous trailer car cuttty...took home the money after driving to work and back and then to the track....still 20psi...I may have grabbed that 50 shot on em though :).....they say that's the last time I outrun that car....well see what a bigger pump and 8 more psi says about it....

With a 1.90 60' spinning it's ass off ....had a money race with a built 400 sbc nitrous trailer car cuttty...took home the money after driving to work and back and then to the track....still 20psi...I may have grabbed that 50 shot on em though :).....they say that's the last time I outrun that car....well see what a bigger pump and 8 more psi says about it....
"They say it's the last time I outrun that car" you should have raced them double or nothing. Probably the last time you outrun them because it's the last time they will race you.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Yeah. Hey bison when do you think I should worry about stepping up to 80lbers? I know I'm going to be completely out of fuel above 22 psi...planning on going to a aeromotive 340 in tank...think it's that my single reds is not keeping up? It is over 5 years old...

Yeah. Hey bison when do you think I should worry about stepping up to 80lbers? I know I'm going to be completely out of fuel above 22 psi...planning on going to a aeromotive 340 in tank...think it's that my single reds is not keeping up? It is over 5 years old...
Refresh me on the current injector and fuel. 80lb/hr with gasoline is well into the 9's. My old red xp dp will outflow a lot of new double pumps on the market. You should be able to run 127-128mph or better with a single xp at 14v. Bumping voltage caused drastic increases in fuel delivery from my experiences.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

1 reds xp in tank....stock lines....60lb injectors....maybe I'm just maxed through this chip....it's burned for 18psi and pump gas... I have fueling maxed in the chip parameters.... so maybe that shouldbe my next step before anything?

1 reds xp in tank....stock lines....60lb injectors....maybe I'm just maxed through this chip....it's burned for 18psi and pump gas... I have fueling maxed in the chip parameters.... so maybe that shouldbe my next step before anything?
My rec is to have several chips burned with increased fuel/lower timing in each for increased mass flow levels. I dynoed a car a month ago and it made 380whp with the fueling maxed out and 13:1 ratio. It came in and was at 340whp and 14:1 on the first hit! I re dynoed wednesday and was over 530whp and 630wtq. Same injector. I actually pulled about 4% on the second chip and went through two chips total that day. The first chip was burned for a 3600 lb car to go 123mph and the second for 127mph. Fueling was increased greatly and timing burned in by mph and the effects of proper fueling and tune were drastic. The number i was hitting after dialing was 11.3-11.5:1 a/f. The fuel was vp c16. The engine was a stock shortblock with stock cam. Huge potential with just some tuning. No power adder parts were swapped before and after. Same heads, intake, shortblock, intercooler, turbo, etc. Huge increases in tq across a wide rpm range. I did install an xp double pump with a custom wire harness and engine ground. I wasn't sure whatever single pump was in there could hack it so I suggested to the owner to get a double pump. I'm glad he did or I may have been stuck limiting boost because of lack of pump. I expect this car to pick up at least 10mph in the quarter. All without adding any power adder parts. Six 60lb/hr motron injectors with base fp at 42-43psi. No additional supplemental fueling . There's was room for additional fuel on the chip and I could have bumped base pressure to at least 50 psi if I needed with those xp double pumps with no fear of running out of fuel. I could have squeeked out another 75hp if I had to

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Out of curiosity have you tried the SD2 chip? Do you think the extra tuning capability of the SD2 could help in that car you just tuned?

Yep ! I was there for that dyno day the car was a friend I've been helping with car and brought him to bison to make max effort power , cars a rocket ship , next thing I'm getting him to do , is have bison spec out the converter , and it'll really pull mph ! We are taking car to cecil . Then over winter have him get bison to spec converter . Thanks again bison . Very impressive .