Well this be the end of Street Outlaw?

These guys are rolling in so much cash, and the popularity of the sport is growing so rapidly they will be able to have their own circuit.

Even though the show may be somewhat scripted they are still flying with those cars. I feel that they have been very lucky in not hitting a pole yet in the last few episodes where the guys have went off of the road.

10982503_936996032984824_5202412771778541037_n.jpg
10994167_764150977002603_5418247743329419856_n.jpg

I love the NHRA. I think their TV contact is crap. I also think they have figured out how to go ahead and reduce their ratings even further....public statement saying they don't condone street racing, fine....banning racers with certified cars and licenses, stupid. Tell them to take off the nhra identifiables on their cars and be done.

Last edited:
i belive ever since the speed channel took a dump, the NHRA dont have much on tv now days. i guess they figures lets make some noise over here since SO have such fan base, bad or good they get the rating up there..

If I was them I'd tell the nhra to pound sand and keep dragging(see what I did there) in the ratings of the show.
Nhra is grasping at straws. They are a dying organization. I'd they cared about the grassroots racers it would be a step in the right direction.

Farmtruck has more likes on FB then John Force! Seems dumb to alienate the 2+mil viewers outlaws have when NHRA has closer to 300 k.

BS! NHRA = HORSE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe they need to look in the mirror and put a better product on tv , the funny cars of today look stupid , go back to making funny cars look like real cars like back in the 60's and through the 70's and early 80's I'd go back watching and nascar too . Bunch of stupid looking cookie cutters bodies . Garbage I don't care how fast they go . Lol

I love the NHRA. I think their TV contact is crap. I also think they have figured out how to go ahead and reduce their ratings even further....public statement saying they don't condone street racing, fine....banning racers with certified cars and licenses, stupid. Tell them to take off the nhra identifiables on their cars and be done.

No...What IS stupid is street racing of any kind. Street racing with a certified car means nothing, it's still mindless sutpidity. I'm with the NHRA on this one even though I don't care for them.

No...What IS stupid is street racing of any kind. Street racing with a certified car means nothing, it's still mindless sutpidity. I'm with the NHRA on this one even though I don't care for them.
I think what guys are getting at is this show is for entertainment. It's already been proven that their "races" are on closed and controlled streets. No different than Top Gear or Motor Trend testing cars.

What the NHRA is doing is alienating them for a 'code of conduct' violation, seemingly because the show may or may not promote street racing.

Big picture is its a successful show that car enthusiasts watch. Does the NHRA need to sanction it or attach their name to it? No. But imagine the crowd it would draw if they held a Top Fuel event at Atco and did some exhibition runs with Farmtruck and Murder Nova. People would show up just to see that.

But they have a name they wish to keep. Overall probably a poor PR move.

I think what guys are getting at is this show is for entertainment. It's already been proven that their "races" are on closed and controlled streets. No different than Top Gear or Motor Trend testing cars.

What the NHRA is doing is alienating them for a 'code of conduct' violation, seemingly because the show may or may not promote street racing.

Big picture is its a successful show that car enthusiasts watch. Does the NHRA need to sanction it or attach their name to it? No. But imagine the crowd it would draw if they held a Top Fuel event at Atco and did some exhibition runs with Farmtruck and Murder Nova. People would show up just to see that.

But they have a name they wish to keep. Overall probably a poor PR move.
I agree big time tracks are closing all over the country more of the west coast n so on where do you think guys that have muscle cars and imports are going it's the street , always will always have . If these guys were coming to local tracks throught out the summer forget these places would be mobbed !look what pinks did they brought street guys and bracket racers to the track in droves to compete . Idk how many times I drive out to an event at my tri state tracks in. The north east and is dead boring nobody shows up . It sucks . Theres better action the street always is and always will , nothin better than the street scene , and it's been there way before this show was around . It help Henry ford challenge the the big guys to be able to build cars , he challenge them to a race ! And said if my car beats ya , you let me go into making cars . theres the 1st street race and it'll never stop as long as they make fast cars , and street cars outta the factory are way faster then back in the 60's and 70's off the showroom .

My main point is the NHRA should stay out of it, mind their own. Its hard to imagine for me that at one point or another every guy or gal who is in the NHRA family and is licensed hasn't raced on the street. Stop trying to police the street scene with threats of rule infractions.....everyone is guilty....so what? Now no one can race? Hopefully no one from the NHRA requests our administrators give up any member names from our kill/fish forum that hold licenses!

Last edited:
None of the Nhra's business. Like stated above, what about every other car show on tv that doesn't adhere to strict driving rules. Are the Pikes Peak group going to sanction Arron from Fast & Loud for doing doughnuts in Dallas? Or Hardees for the Fat & Furious clowns tearing up cheeseburgers while driving?

I can see the points on both sides of this coin. NHRA has to do their part to keep their credibility to their brand when cars with this kind of speed are running on the streets. Because if something bad were to happen, they would receive all the negative press about this. Problem I see is the show doesn't tell the real story. They are not running on the local streets with cars coming home from work etc. They bought permits for certain roads just as car companies do to shoot commercials for their new cars. The cars that are on the show have to have the necessary equipment (roll cage, etc) for the speeds they are going. There actually is a tech that all cars have to meet. I bet if NHRA could get a cut out of the proceeds that show generates, they would be supporters of it. That being said, I love the shit out of this show. I watch it every week. As a fan of Motorsports and a big fan of street racing, this show has also given me motivation to pull the cover off of my car and wrench on it. I used to street race from sun down to sun up every weekend when I was younger. And that was one of the best times of my life where cars are concerned. I don't give a shit about anybody judging me for my actions. Those times were so huge in my community, friends and rivals that I have no regrets about. I loved it. Now that I'm older and have responsibilities I can't afford to lose my license or car. We have a 50 over rule here in Toronto. 50km over the speed limit, you lose your car and your driving license for 3 months, on your first attempt, then you lose your right to drive again on your second attempt for life. Not too mention your car insurance company will also dump you, and those that will insure you will do it at a astronomical rate. The guys that still grab their balls and do it in my area are die hards. I still go to watch from time to time, but never bring my Buick to the party. Because once the cops come, everybody that is there is going to have a problem if they own a fast car. So I bring my daily driver and just play stupid like I was just passing through until I saw this............