Well Kids, I'm pretty excited!!

So, as I said, Dennis is a smart guy!

With a finally working PL, some good data, some telephone help tuning assistance from Lou and a new set of plugs, I think we have it worked out.

We took about 15% fuel out, got the AFR to 10.8 at WOT with a bit of alky adjustment and she pulls like a freight train. 3rd gear is like I've never felt before, I mean this car used to pull...... but both Dennis and I were wide eyed at what this car feels like now. It's amazing!

Side note - We passed a DPS cop on the side of the hi-way at 96 MPH as I had just stepped into it on an off ramp........ He didn't come after me as we pulled off the hi-way and took some fuel out of the tune in a Micky D's parking lot and headed back the other way, but there was.... waiting on the other side of the hi-way....... I was going about 50 on that on ramp......... We did 6 more big pulls up and down that section of freeway and didn't see him again. Maybe next time, officer....... :)

The next track day should be a real kick in the pants!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!

WWWWoooo HOOO that sounds like a great experience thx for sharing you ole Buick GUY

and congrats one of the best STROM TROOPERS out there , holding it down and keeping it real !! much love :love: BRUDDA

Who transmission do you have?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lou's guy in Cali. 4C's Transmission. Rock solid once all the billet stuff was done. Gotta go stem to stern, though..... half way, 3/4's, what ever, I learned my lesson, Lou told me...... Do it right and go all the way the first time and forget it.

Last edited:
I know it's been a while, but I have finally shaken out all the gremlins in the car!

I took it to the Road Kill/Zip Tie Drags in Tucson a couple of weeks ago. First time in the car in 2 years. Had to pit out in the desert because the place was packed.

End result was a 10.81 @126.70 with a shitty 1.73 60ft time with a big ol' exhaust leak.
Fixed that just tonight and the street test was, well, downright scary. :eek:

Man, I can't wait to get this car back to the track.

In the meanwhile.......... when I'm driving her on the street, I'll take on any and all comers...... ;)

Good to hear your seeing results you wanted.

I know it's been a while, but I have finally shaken out all the gremlins in the car!

I took it to the Road Kill/Zip Tie Drags in Tucson a couple of weeks ago. First time in the car in 2 years. Had to pit out in the desert because the place was packed.

End result was a 10.81 @126.70 with a shitty 1.73 60ft time with a big ol' exhaust leak.
Fixed that just tonight and the street test was, well, downright scary. :eek:

Man, I can't wait to get this car back to the track.

In the meanwhile.......... when I'm driving her on the street, I'll take on any and all comers...... ;)
How much boost?

nice !! and easy ... sounds great brudda .. im sure you'll go to 25 and be happy happy ... especially with your angle :p

Sounds like you have a safe flat 10 in it. Good launch, perfect shifts, a nice tune and a little more boost, and Boom! Your there.

Crossed fingers and "Pay attention, mister!" needs to be my motto........ :)

The trans in this car is magical, that is all I can say. Street mannered like a stock unit, but you beat on it and it runs like a scalded dog.